PCAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

belmont3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what is/are the minimum PCAT score(s) that allow(s) to get into pharmacy school? Are they any specific scores that pharmacy schools require? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you have a 3.8+ GPA and are applying to a lower tier school you may get in with a 50 percentile

On the other hand, if you have a 3.0 and are applying to a top 10 school you are probably going to need at least 90 percentile

Generally anything under 70 is considered bad and anything over 80 is very competitive

Some schools have no requirement, some require 50 percentile or higher, but every school expects at least 60-70+ and most averages for accepted students are around 70-85 from what I can tell

If you have a 3.8+ GPA and are applying to a lower tier school you may get in with a 50 percentile

On the other hand, if you have a 3.0 and are applying to a top 10 school you are probably going to need at least 90 percentile

Generally anything under 70 is considered bad and anything over 80 is very competitive

Some schools have no requirement, some require 50 percentile or higher, but every school expects at least 60-70+ and most averages for accepted students are around 70-85 from what I can tell[/QUOTE

Is this score with or without the writing score? Cause I heard some schools care about the wiring one and some don't.. I'm not sure if that's correct?

Is this score with or without the writing score? Cause I heard some schools care about the wiring one and some don't.. I'm not sure if that's correct?

The writing score is a separate score from 1-6. From what I've seen on here I don't think the schools care very much about it, but obviously you don't want to just bomb it and get a 1 either. I guess it depends on the school though.