PCAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDstudent23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my PCAT Scores - this is the first time I took the exam. I could not understand on why is the percentile rank score so low. Can someone explain me on how are the scores calculated. Here is what I got:-

375 15%
409 66%
389 33%
396 47%
400 54%
Composite 394 39%
I think my composite percentile should be higher than what it reflects on the transcript. Please help
If someone can help me - the calculation of the scores for PCAT. I am really confused at this point; please help me.

Members don't see this ad.

i don't think the composite score is an average of the 5 sections. maybe certain sections were weighed more. anyhow, your composite score isn't that much lower than a straight average of your sections.

PharmDstudent23 said:
I got my PCAT Scores - this is the first time I took the exam. I could not understand on why is the percentile rank score so low. Can someone explain me on how are the scores calculated. Here is what I got:-

375 15%
409 66%
389 33%
396 47%
400 54%
Composite 394 39%
I think my composite percentile should be higher than what it reflects on the transcript. Please help
If someone can help me - the calculation of the scores for PCAT. I am really confused at this point; please help me.

Refer to the "How is it scored" thread at the bottom part of this forum.
Bananaface explains it well...