• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

PharmDstudent23

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2005
Status
Pharmacy Student
I got my PCAT Scores - this is the first time I took the exam. I could not understand on why is the percentile rank score so low. Can someone explain me on how are the scores calculated. Here is what I got:-

375 15%
409 66%
389 33%
396 47%
400 54%
Composite 394 39%
I think my composite percentile should be higher than what it reflects on the transcript. Please help
If someone can help me - the calculation of the scores for PCAT. I am really confused at this point; please help me.

vicky336

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2005
atx
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
i don't think the composite score is an average of the 5 sections. maybe certain sections were weighed more. anyhow, your composite score isn't that much lower than a straight average of your sections.

calrx

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
PharmDstudent23 said:
I got my PCAT Scores - this is the first time I took the exam. I could not understand on why is the percentile rank score so low. Can someone explain me on how are the scores calculated. Here is what I got:-

375 15%
409 66%
389 33%
396 47%
400 54%
Composite 394 39%
I think my composite percentile should be higher than what it reflects on the transcript. Please help
If someone can help me - the calculation of the scores for PCAT. I am really confused at this point; please help me.

Refer to the "How is it scored" thread at the bottom part of this forum.
Bananaface explains it well...

About the Ads