pcat scoring

Started by prlester
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

P

prlester

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am about to study for the oct pcat. I am using my sister's kaplan books and tests, barrons, cliff notes tests. Problem is I don't know what my score or percentile is, how I will rank nationally with my practice tests. I remember a friend said this was a big help for the MCAT, knowing how one stacked nationally, even if it was just an estimation. Is there a website, venue where one's practice tests could be graded accurately and one would get an approximation how he/she would do on test day? Also, what's a good way to study for calc. It's been a while. Thanks.
 
yeah the harncourt website. It has two practice tests they score for you and give an approximate percentile. I took both and both times I got 75-99 percentile and got 95th percentile on the real test. So the were good indicators.
 
what is a good way to study for the math? how much calculus is on the test? I've heard if you just refresh on your arithmetic and algebra than you can still do OK on the math (i.e., 80th percentileish)
 
Is there anything else to do with math or the scoring. I'm using praxis, prexim, barrons and kaplan for study guides. Cliffs for practice tests. That is a pretty big range for pcat. Incidentally, i'm looking over my sisters kaplan readout and it is just a percentage of questions right? Is there anything more accurate?