PCAT Study Books and Methods

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hwaiting

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, although i've been consistently reading a lot of the entries... it seems a lot of people have different opinions on what books/supplemental things to use...

I have so far used:
-Kaplan PCAT 2008-2009
-thepcat.com
-barrons pcat
-cliffsTestPrep PCAT
-MCAT Exam kracker for Biology

I feel prepared for all of biology except microbiology, the only book that helps with it is the MCAT exam kracker...suggestions?

Chem is fine, except every book is different on the range of information the Orgo part is covered...can anyone who already took help me out?
I don't know what topics to study: Sn1/Sn2/E2/E1 stuff? reaction names? product when given reaction? what kind of addition/ or where it will add (meta, para, etc)?

How should I prepare analogies/sentence completion? just start memorizing random words? thepcat.com program gives me words in the tests, but I'm not sure if it'll b enough? is that section a lost cause? (just get lucky?)

Taking the june 19, 2010 PCAT :xf:Hope to do well. Suggestions for everything else would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
For those that took the June 18th PCAT, of the resources listed (above) which did you find most helpful ? Thanks

Kaplan isn't shabby. I like their approach to giving you information, then quizzing you about the chapter, then at the end of the section giving an exam.

Barron's is only good for practicing the test under time constraint IMO