PCAT study guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sangmin402

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HOw similar is the pcat official practice test compared to the real one?

Members don't see this ad.

Very similar type of questions compared to the real thing. So whatever you get right or wrong on the practice, make sure you know why.

Reading comprehension was much harder than the online practice tests. Chemistry/Biology were almost the same...and QA was maybe a little harder for me at least.

Reading comprehension was much harder than the online practice tests. Chemistry/Biology were almost the same...and QA was maybe a little harder for me at least.

When i took the PCAT in July my RC section had 3, 8 LONG paragraph passages with another 3 daunting passages. Do yourself a favor and practice this section as much as possible. As for the other sections, they're fairly similar to the practice tests. Just make sure that when you practice for this exam that you start each section the second you run out of time in the previous section; that is, dont give yourself any extra time at ALL between the allotted times given for each section.

thanks for the tip on those passage lengths.

I really dread the length of the passages. I was surprised at how long they can be...and am still expected to digest all that in the allotted time...wow!

here is a website of some nice short stories for those like me who want/need to work on reading skills (speed, efficiency, accuracy, and recollection) http://www.bibliomania.com/0/5/frameset.html