Basically, after taking the pcat this past July, the bio portion didn't seem to have any questions about animals or plants. There were a few questions about certain diseases, nutrition, anatomy questions, and of course general bio (Dna, Rna, etc.). I used mainly the Dr. Collins book and I scored a 91 on the bio portion. I also looked at the Kaplan book but not as much? Although, I think if I studied the Kaplan book a bit more I would have scored higher.
The chem section was basically all Dr. Collins. The biochemistry questions were basic and most will probably have learned it from microbio or genetics. The practice tests are really helpful and he includes 11 of them so make sure to do them all. I scored a 91 on this section as well.
A big thing is to buy the practice tests on the Pearson site. Those tests gave me a pretty accurate representation of what my score would like. I scored between 70-90 on the two practice tests I took, and I scored a 85 on the actual pcat.
Good luck to you and everyone else who plan on taking it in the future!