PCAT Study Material

Started by msmed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

msmed

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I was a pre-dental student before but since I wasn't academically competitive enough, I switched to pharmacy which I really enjoy as well.

I was wondering if I could use the same study material I used to take the DAT (except the math and verbal) for PCAT as well?

I used the following:
-Exam crackers 1001 for Ochem, DAT destroyer for Gchem, Biology, and most of Math
-Barron's AP Bio and Cliff's 5 practice test

I have absolutely no idea what source to refer to for Verbal and I also don't know which practice exams I should get (Kaplan, Princeton,...) to prepare for the exam on the 18th of July.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.
 
hey! DAT destroyer only deals with dentistry and does not cover the entire contents included in PCAT (VA, BIO, CHEM, ESSAY, RC and QA) but yes as an initial attempt you can go through it also
a/c to forums students are not very happy with DAT destroyer , they cant solve much of it
but they do get some idea.
and for the rest of the query Barrons and Cliff's test books are good for the PCAT preparation!
Regarding practice tests go through the official sites for Pearson sample Qs.

You will get word list which is available online for a good preparation in VA.
But what it requires most is practice so get some free samples and start solving.