PCAT study material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

josephpham306

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Is anyone still new to the new PCAT? Can you share your studying experience so far? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,
Is anyone still new to the new PCAT? Can you share your studying experience so far? Thank you!
hi, I took PCAT in January and it was so hard. I Studied Dr collines, but it was not helpful. a lot of passages. I want to see anybody took and give us some view.

Hi everyone,
Hi! I just took my PCAT on January 4th and scored a 96. Unlike the person above me, I would say that Dr. Collins is probably the ONLY thing you need for your PCAT! It's the only thing I used to study and I had a good amount of questions that were repeated on my actual PCAT from the Dr. Collins study guide! In case you're unfamiliar, the study guide comes with packets of information for bio, chem, biochem, and quantitative reasoning (math). Then after each packet, you get all of these practice tests for each subject and these are the most helpful! There are so many practice questions so going over them over and over again helped me alot.

Bottom line, I highly recommend the Dr. Collin study guide if you're planning on studying for your PCAT.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I just took my PCAT on January 4th and scored a 96. Unlike the person above me, I would say that Dr. Collins is probably the ONLY thing you need for your PCAT! It's the only thing I used to study and I had a good amount of questions that were repeated on my actual PCAT from the Dr. Collins study guide! In case you're unfamiliar, the study guide comes with packets of information for bio, chem, biochem, and quantitative reasoning (math). Then after each packet, you get all of these practice tests for each subject and these are the most helpful! There are so many practice questions so going over them over and over again helped me alot.

Bottom line, I highly recommend the Dr. Collin study guide if you're planning on studying for your PCAT.
I read study guide and I studied all question two times. My exam, it was not same. let me know is it possible for the somebody PCAT question are different? because for me it was so hard. I was crying during the test. how many passages do you have for bio and chem?

Members don't see this ad :)
I read study guide and I studied all question two times. My exam, it was not same. let me know is it possible for the somebody PCAT question are different? because for me it was so hard. I was crying during the test. how many passages do you have for bio and chem?
Studying the questions only two times is probably why you didn’t do well. When I was studying for the PCAT, I reviewed the exams at least 5 times. If you bought your study guide directly from the official Dr. Collins website, then you should have the same copy as everyone.

Studying the questions only two times is probably why you didn’t do well. When I was studying for the PCAT, I reviewed the exams at least 5 times. If you bought your study guide directly from the official Dr. Collins website, then you should have the same copy as everyone.
thanks for your answering. I mean, is it possible real PCAT was the difference for anybody. (for somebody simple questions or for somebody else hard questions)?.

thanks for your answering. I mean, is it possible real PCAT was the difference for anybody. (for somebody simple questions or for somebody else hard questions)?.
Yes, there are different versions of the PCAT in order to make up for possible leaking of questions. However they do “curve” the scores at the end.

Has anyone ever used Chad's videos as well to study for the PCAT? I find Dr. Collin's study guide to be lacking explanations and just gives answers.

Also, I have the 2017 version of Dr. Collin's study guide. Would this still be applicable for the 2018 PCAT?

Hi, how are you? I have my pcat now on September, let me ask you, is it true that there are many questions on the Pcat that are on Dr. Collins Practice tests? I’m worry about Biology section. I’m studying by Dr. Collins 2018. Please give me any advice, thank you.

Hi, how are you? I have my pcat now on September, let me ask you, is it true that there are many questions on the Pcat that are on Dr. Collins Practice tests? I’m worry about Biology section. I’m studying by Dr. Collins 2018. Please give me any advice, thank you.

For me, I had only one or two questions that I saw on Dr Collins study guide.
If you are lacking basic chemistry and biology knowledge, I suggest you use other study materials to prepare for the PCAT. Dr. Collins is simply not enough unless you are already familiar with everything listed in that study guide.

Reactions: 1 user
For me, I had only one or two questions that I saw on Dr Collins study guide.
If you are lacking basic chemistry and biology knowledge, I suggest you use other study materials to prepare for the PCAT. Dr. Collins is simply not enough unless you are already familiar with everything listed in that study guide.

Yeah, I think my biology knowledge is weak and I don’t know what other study guide to study for Bio, do you have any advice. Thank you for your response, it really helps.

Yeah, I think my biology knowledge is weak and I don’t know what other study guide to study for Bio, do you have any advice. Thank you for your response, it really helps.
Buy the cliffs notes AP biology book. I have the 3rd edition and I found that to have all the information needed to get at least a 90 percentile ranking on the bio section. I would skip biological diversity, plants, animal behavior, and parts of the ecology section. Get very familiar with the rest of the other chapters of the book.All of the information listed will help you answer every single question asked.
As for microbiology, you will need to find another source. I actually didn't study this enough and was only able to pull off a 95 on the bio section.

Hello, how are you? Do you think that Dr. Collins Study Guide is enough to be prepared for the PCAT? I’m worry about the Bio and Math part. I have my PCAT now on September 6. I have been studying by Dr. Collins 2018 edition. Also can you tell me how was the reading section, I did not have enought time to study that section. Thank you in advanced.