PCAT STUDY MATERIALS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiring legal drug lord

Soon to be Legal Drug Dealer
Reaction score
Anyone here studied and passed the PCAT just by using the Barrons reviewer and the flashcards and the free sample test questions online? I am having 2nd thoughts whether to buy the Kaplan book or not. Dr Collins is way too expensive for me. I AM FREAKING OUT I AM TAKING THE TEST THIS OCTOBER AND I DONT THINK I WILL DO GREAT

Sent from my ASUS_A002A using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Never seen or used Barrons.
How are you doing on the online practice PCAT exams? The one offered on next step tutor is a good way to gauge how you will actually do. I took, I believe, 3 of them and basically got the same score on the actual PCAT.

Never seen or used Barrons.
How are you doing on the online practice PCAT exams? The one offered on next step tutor is a good way to gauge how you will actually do. I took, I believe, 3 of them and basically got the same score on the actual PCAT.
That's cool. Are those for free tho? Lol I am so tight with budget but I also need to pass.

That's cool. Are those for free tho? Lol I am so tight with budget but I also need to pass.

Yes, they are free but its kind of tricky to find them. You have to log in and find the exams under some tab.
If you have time to study for around 8 hours a day, I suggest using chads videos for all chemistry (all free videos). I guess stick with your barron's book for the bio, math, and reading sections. You can also try using Khan academy's bio videos. As for physiology, I have a bunch of notes from my college course. I can maybe scan the important parts and send them to you. Just depends on what kind of time you have.

Also, don't worry too much. The PCAT isn't everything when it comes to getting into pharmacy school. I know people who have got in with composite score of around 45 as well as 65.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, they are free but its kind of tricky to find them. You have to log in and find the exams under some tab.
If you have time to study for around 8 hours a day, I suggest using chads videos for all chemistry (all free videos). I guess stick with your barron's book for the bio, math, and reading sections. You can also try using Khan academy's bio videos. As for physiology, I have a bunch of notes from my college course. I can maybe scan the important parts and send them to you. Just depends on what kind of time you have.

Also, don't worry too much. The PCAT isn't everything when it comes to getting into pharmacy school. I know people who have got in with composite score of around 45 as well as 65.
Hii! I would try the next step tutor like what you said and I'll see how much studying I need (I think I need A LOT) and yes please if you don't mind? Anytime will be fine with me as long as I have the study materials to study with. For the organic chemistry, since this is I think will be my weakest part, what resources did you use? just chad's videos?

And thank you for that encouragement btw. When I saw someone's study schedule, I cant help but worry about the PCAT exam and how much time I have wasted.

Hii! I would try the next step tutor like what you said and I'll see how much studying I need (I think I need A LOT) and yes please if you don't mind? Anytime will be fine with me as long as I have the study materials to study with. For the organic chemistry, since this is I think will be my weakest part, what resources did you use? just chad's videos?

And thank you for that encouragement btw. When I saw someone's study schedule, I cant help but worry about the PCAT exam and how much time I have wasted.
Yes, chads videos has everything you need to get a 99 percentile on the chemistry portion of the PCAT. I don't know how far you have to go with orgo for chads videos but he goes through orgo 1 and 2. I had Dr. collins study guide as well but I find that chads videos are all that you need.

I hope you have enough time to study, especially if you lack basic knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, chads videos has everything you need to get a 99 percentile on the chemistry portion of the PCAT. I don't know how far you have to go with orgo for chads videos but he goes through orgo 1 and 2. I had Dr. collins study guide as well but I find that chads videos are all that you need.

Ill send you my notes sometime this week. I hope you have enough time to study, especially if you lack basic knowledge. Ill also send you the biochem review. Its very short and extremely easy to just go over in 1 day.
Great. Thank you! Btw, I tried the next step pcat prep diagnostic test and I was having second thoughts already on whether I should push through with this pharmacy career or just wash dishes *sighs

Great. Thank you! Btw, I tried the next step pcat prep diagnostic test and I was having second thoughts already on whether I should push through with this pharmacy career or just wash dishes *sighs

Well, maybe start off by working as a pharmacy tech and see if the career is for you. Just going for it because you think its going to give a 6 figure job is not going to cut it anymore.

If pharmacy seems too hard for you. Try looking up clinical lab scientist or medical lab scientist. Its a good career that can lead into 6 figures (i think) and would be more available job than pharmacy. My plan B just in case pharmacy doesn't work out as most people say.

Last edited:
Well, maybe start off by working as a pharmacy tech and see if the career is for you. Just going for it because you think its going to give a 6 figure job is not going to cut it anymore.

If pharmacy seems too hard for you. Try looking up clinical lab scientist or medical lab scientist. Its a good career that can lead into 6 figures (i think) and would be more available job than pharmacy. My plan B just in case pharmacy doesn't work out as most people say.
Yeah, being a pharmacy tech introduced me to pharmacy and i like it but only in certain areas/fields. I dont think retail settings is for me but i will have no choice. Anyways, you're right about the plan B. Will start mapping out my life if this one wont work.

How many years have you been a pharmacist? You like it?

Yeah, being a pharmacy tech introduced me to pharmacy and i like it but only in certain areas/fields. I dont think retail settings is for me but i will have no choice. Anyways, you're right about the plan B. Will start mapping out my life if this one wont work.

How many years have you been a pharmacist? You like it?

Not a pharmacist. Pre pharm student like you

All I used was Kaplan. Took 1 of their practice tests and got a 74th percentile. One week after I took the real one and got a 93rd percentile