PCAT studying???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firstgeneration

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am just curious...how far ahead should i study for the PCAT...usually how long???if i take the first one and don't do well, for those that took it the second time...is it different or is it the similar same as the previous one. I know it ranges from people on studying techniques but I am curious and I wanted to get an Idea of how everyone has been studying for the test?? if i am apply to Pharmcas and the school do should I take the test in Aug or October. I feel that I am not ready for the August test but then I don't want it to be too late when the schools make the early decisions too?? any suggestions???:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

start ASAP. i'm taking it in august and october...i don't feel ready, but i'm taking the kaplan PCAT course as well...so that should help.

i started studying 4 days after my last final for spring quarter

start ASAP. i'm taking it in august and october...i don't feel ready, but i'm taking the kaplan PCAT course as well...so that should help.

i started studying 4 days after my last final for spring quarter

from what I heard is :cool:the kaplan PCAT course a course I would have to taken out of my home or is it something I can do at home, because I have heard many versions. How can i get access to that in minnesota?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking the exam on August... I haven't yet decided if I should take the October exam. I've been studying (more like reading) since the first week of May, but i've been studying more seriously for the last two weeks. I think I bought too many sources, but mainly since i'm not going to be able to take Organic chem in the Fall, and I don't start my Microbiology class till next month. Anyway, I am also taking the Kaplan classroom course, I have the Examkrackers Biology, the Nuts and Bolts of Organic Chemistry, Cliff Notes 5 PCAT exams, and PCAT Professor. Plus my aunt (who teaches residents) is planning to test me every Saturday. The trick is, according to my mentor, is to familarize yourself with PCAT-like questions. :)

what's your background?

and run a search...it really depends on you, so find a thread for someone who matches your credentials

I'm taking the exam on August... I haven't yet decided if I should take the October exam. I've been studying (more like reading) since the first week of May, but i've been studying more seriously for the last two weeks. I think I bought too many sources, but mainly since i'm not going to be able to take Organic chem in the Fall, and I don't start my Microbiology class till next month. Anyway, I am also taking the Kaplan classroom course, I have the Examkrackers Biology, the Nuts and Bolts of Organic Chemistry, Cliff Notes 5 PCAT exams, and PCAT Professor. Plus my aunt (who teaches residents) is planning to test me every Saturday. The trick is, according to my mentor, is to familarize yourself if PCAT-like questions. :)

what do you mean by familarize yourself with or if PCAT questions???

what do you mean by familarize yourself with or if PCAT questions???

WITH. That was TOTALLY a typo. Sometimes when I think of a word, I end up typing/writing it out. Haha.

Anyway, he was really adamant that I familarize myself with practicing PCAT-like questions, so by the time I take the exam, it shouldn't be that bad.