PCAT test day

Started by shaq786
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shaq786

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. How many breaks do we get?

2. Can we bring any food?

3. Any other miscellaneous tips that you can think of?
 
1. You get 1 break about half-way through - ours was about 10 minutes.

2. You cannot bring food into the testing room per se (like to eat during the test!), but several people had snacks in their bags/purses that they ate during the break. This was a good idea and I wish I would have done it!

3. Really read the rules that Harcourt has on their PCAT website. No hats, no calculators, bring #2 pencils/erasers, etc. DON'T BRING A CELL PHONE. Even though you aren't even supposed to have them in the room, they did go ahead and collect people's phones before we started, but you were supposed to turn them off. One girl came in late, turned her phone in, but it rang during the exam - she got kicked out (even though she wasn't in posession of the phone when it rang).

4. BRING YOUR ADMISSION TICKET! That seems so clear, but a guy showed up without one and they wouldn't let him in (yes, his name was on the list and he had ID, but no ticket).

5. Be prepared for a long day, but try to relax - I got to the testing center about 7:15 am and got back to my car after the test at about 1:30 pm. By the time I got home, I napped for a couple of hours.

Good luck!