PCAT test - retake question?

Started by pharmky
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmky

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe that I got overly anxious earlier this year and scheduled my PCAT exam for the 20th of June. Now, being that there are only 4 days left, I am trying to weigh my options.

I am still going to take the test on the 20th, but I do not feel that I will be prepared for it. So, my question is that if I completely bomb this time, will I be able to take it again in August and still have the scores in early enough for the early admission cutoff?

Many of the schools that I am applying to will accept my highest PCAT scores, so I don't think that I will hurt anything by taking it on Saturday. If anything, it should help. (i.e. practice).

Am I way off base here?

Thanks,
 
I don't know about the early admissions cut off but you could take the exam this weekend and use the no score option. You will still get the practice but you will not get a score. As far as the early admissions cut-off, you will have to check the deadlines with the schools. You should get your PCAT scores within six weeks of the exam but it updates on Pharmcas a few days before you get them. That puts it around the five week point from Saturday if I remember correctly.
 
But, wouldn't it make more sense to go ahead and have the test scored (in case I do well), since they would take the highest score anyway? It shouldn't count against me, correct?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But, wouldn't it make more sense to go ahead and have the test scored (in case I do well), since they would take the highest score anyway? It shouldn't count against me, correct?


correct. if you think after the test on saturday that you think he did ok just let it get scored, it won't hurt anything if you are planning on taking it again any ways. the only way i would do the no score option is ONLY if you KNOW you did horrible. If anything it will show schools that you made an improvement. good luck
 
Wow..y would Pearsons cancel your score simply for having a greatest boost of a lifetime? What happen if you indeed studied harder this time and hence u made a beyond significant improvement? Not like we cheated!