Pcat too low?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Samiam041213

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took it today and got

Bio-54
Chem-92
Reading-58
Quant-29

Composite-64

My score is really low but I do have 4.0 GPA. I want to go to University of Florida should I retake it? How does that even work? Do I have to wait until next year

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Please someone respond I am freaking out
Straight from the school's website;
"The average PCAT score for the admitted fall 2015 class was at the 80th percentile and ranged from about the 60th to 99th percentile on the composite score. The minimum required PCAT score to apply is at the 50thpercentile, however a competitive score for review is generally between the 70th-99th percentile composite."

You have a very good GPA so I would think you're fine. However with the average percentile range at 80, I would retake because you do have time.

Straight from the school's website;
"The average PCAT score for the admitted fall 2015 class was at the 80th percentile and ranged from about the 60th to 99th percentile on the composite score. The minimum required PCAT score to apply is at the 50thpercentile, however a competitive score for review is generally between the 70th-99th percentile composite."

You have a very good GPA so I would think you're fine. However with the average percentile range at 80, I would retake because you do have time.
So I can apply for September and submit that score instead

So I can't apply for early decision AND
I took it today and got

Bio-54
Chem-92
Reading-58
Quant-29

Composite-64

My score is really low but I do have 4.0 GPA. I want to go to University of Florida should I retake it? How does that even work? Do I have to wait until next year
So I can't apply for early decision AND retake in September I don't know what the right decision is, who knows if the score would be higher in September anyway