Pcat ubc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hershsodhi

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey,
Im writing my Pcat for the first time next week. I am really worried that I wont be able to do well on the verbal ability and essay writing part? Am I doomed for the PCAT or is there still any hope? Does UBC pharmacy really look into the verbal ability and essay writing portion?

Thanks🙁
 
hey,
Im writing my Pcat for the first time next week. I am really worried that I wont be able to do well on the verbal ability and essay writing part? Am I doomed for the PCAT or is there still any hope? Does UBC pharmacy really look into the verbal ability and essay writing portion?

Thanks🙁

I don't know anything about UBC, but I have read about people in this forum getting interviews despite their low reading comprehension scores. However, I know someone who got rejected because they "needed to perform better on their RC and writing sub-sections". My suggestion is to practice your writing skills paying particular attention to grammar and punctuation. You might also want to pick up a GRE verbal ability book from the library and look at the top words. I used the GRE verbal practice book instead of the PCAT practice and I scored a 97 on verbal ability. It really does help!