PCAT valid through?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dancingdoctor13

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!

I took my PCAT last summer in August (2009). I am thinking of applying to pharmacy school not this year but next year (2011)-for entrance in fall 2012. Will my PCAT still be valid during next year's application cycle, or do I need to apply this year or take it again?

Btw, all u studying for the PCAT-don't stress it 🙂 Its a pretty fair test (except for the timing)-if u study consistently for 2-3 months you'll do great!
 
Hi!

I took my PCAT last summer in August (2009). I am thinking of applying to pharmacy school not this year but next year (2011)-for entrance in fall 2012. Will my PCAT still be valid during next year's application cycle, or do I need to apply this year or take it again?

Btw, all u studying for the PCAT-don't stress it 🙂 Its a pretty fair test (except for the timing)-if u study consistently for 2-3 months you'll do great!
It depends on the school. From what I've read, it seems most schools accept PCAT scores within the last two years, so for entrance fall 2012 a score from summer 2009 would probably not be valid. But definitely check with the school(s) to which you're applying. You can always retake the PCAT if need be.