Pcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goheel

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know we're not allowed to use the calculator in the PCAT, but will the formulas be given for the chemistry section? I'm studying off the Kaplan book right now, and it seems like half of the questions can't be done if you don't remmember the formulas. My chem teacher didn't make us remmember the formulas, so I don't remmember alot of them. I guess the same thing applies for calculus, since they're putting it in this year. I'm really freaking out about the PCAT now :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

did oyu keep your old textbooks or can you borrow them from anyone? That's what i studied from.

Fortunately, I still have my notebooks. So will the formulas be given or not?

oh... sorry. no, they aren't. Neither is the periodic table.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't freak out. Know your acid base stuff and your main orgain groupd (alcohols, ketones...yada yada) You'll be surprised when you go back and look at your notes all the things you remember. And I'm sure that calc that they have on the test will be really easy.

vafcarrot said:
oh... sorry. no, they aren't. Neither is the periodic table.
But I believe they DID give you atomic mass, etc if you needed that info.

For the math you need to know the pytharogorean theorum, formula for circumference & area of a circle, volume of a sphere, cylinder, etc. Does anyone remember what chem formulas would have been on there? I don't remember needing to know formulas per se, but then again it has been awhile.

You should know the universal gas law equation. When I took the PCAT there were several gas problems.