Pcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aznpharmgurl10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey. I was reading somewhere that the PCAT has started to envolve more organic chemistry into the chemistry section. I was hoping to take the PCAT after my first semester of organic chemistry. Was wondering if and how much the second semester of organic chemistry would make to my score. Also, I was wondering what type of good study guides there are for the PCAT. I've already got the Barron's book and have been looking through it periodically. Is there somewhere I can try where I would get feedback or tips on how to do better on the test? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Taking Orgo 2 while preparing for the PCAT or taking the PCAT after you take Orgo 2 will help. I took the PCAT while I was taking orgo 2- I found a few questions that invovled you needing to know orgo2. I got a 97 on the chem section of the PCAT and a 98 overall. I did not think the chem section was that hard. Math was the hardest for me b/c there was a lot of pre-calc and I took that when i was 18 and I am 26 now. I took a PCAT review class that was awesome here in S. Florida to prepare for the test.

LBS615 said:
Taking Orgo 2 while preparing for the PCAT or taking the PCAT after you take Orgo 2 will help. I took the PCAT while I was taking orgo 2- I found a few questions that invovled you needing to know orgo2. I got a 97 on the chem section of the PCAT and a 98 overall. I did not think the chem section was that hard. Math was the hardest for me b/c there was a lot of pre-calc and I took that when i was 18 and I am 26 now. I took a PCAT review class that was awesome here in S. Florida to prepare for the test.

Agreed. Taking Orgo 2 during will help. Mostly it's just stuff from the intro to Orgo that was in the basic chem series and Orgo 1 stuff though. Can you do alkanes/kenes/kynes? That's most of it.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
What places offer PCAT review classes?

LBS615 said:

CMeaker said:
What places offer PCAT review classes?

I think Kaplan has a class, but I didn't do that one- I took it through a professor here in South Florida- there were quite a few people who drove from G'ville every week (it was every Saturday for one month) to go to the class. The teacher is excellent and is known for all of his students scoring above 90 on the PCAT. If you are curious about the class and the teacher private message me. The cost of the class was $395.