pcat

Started by Bauhinia
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bauhinia

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What other pharm schools besides pharm schools in CA do not require pcat? if you have already volunteered in a pharmacy, will taking the pharmacy tech exam be helpful or not necessary?
Thanks!!!!
 
RachGator said:
Try this website: http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/AAGRequiredTestsT.htm

You may be able to find more info in the PCAT forum about what scores are getting people in.

Good luck :luck: !

I forgot to mention that these are the PharmCas schools that don't require the PCAT. Try searching the past threads because I think the is a site out there with all listed. These schools don't use PharmCas: http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolpagesNONPARTinstitution.htm

Try this site as well: http://www.aacp.org/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bauhinia said:
What other pharm schools besides pharm schools in CA do not require pcat? if you have already volunteered in a pharmacy, will taking the pharmacy tech exam be helpful or not necessary?
Thanks!!!!
I don't know about the PCAT, but as far as the pharm tech exam goes, I don't think it would be hugely helpful, but it definitely can't hurt. I think more pharmacy experience would mean more than the certificate itself. Have you worked in a pharmacy yet or only volunteered?
 
Thanks for the advice & websites! yes, i have volunteered in a pharmacy, but my first attempt was unsuccessful so i am wondering what else i should do to boost my chances.