pcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Prepharm08

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my pharmcas..but I indicated that I was going to take only the August PCAT.. if I perform poorly on the August PCAT, will I be able to take the Oct PCAT and have it count too..do I just submit the scores to the schools?? Just wondering..thanks!
 
I submitted my pharmcas..but I indicated that I was going to take only the August PCAT.. if I perform poorly on the August PCAT, will I be able to take the Oct PCAT and have it count too..do I just submit the scores to the schools?? Just wondering..thanks!

Fishy waters here.

PharmCAS is going to send the application as soon as your application is complete and paid (in the proper window) and sends your PCAT scores as they arrive to whatever institutions you apply to.

The problem here is that the colleges will recieve your application first and then wait for your PCAT scores to judge you for admission. It is to my knowledge that PharmCAS WILL send the second scores as well, however during this process, they might already make a judgement about you based on reciept of your first scores.

The good thing is that many schools, instead of outright sending a denial letter, put you into a "less competitive pile" and put your on hold incase they do not get enough competitive applications. During this, if your new scores arrive, you could very well be considered again depending on how the school conducts their admission process.

Best way to find out is the contact the colleges you are applying to as this is more a college-specific question rather than PharmCas.