PCAT2018

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by early morning, Jan 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. early morning

Hi, everyone. I took PCAT in January, so my score was very low. I studied Dr.collines version 2016. It was not helpful because each chem and bio had 3 passage. Time was very short. Is there anybody took in January and recommend me which material should be studying?

Thanks for answering. how do you get 5 free practice of next tutor? where is this? do your exam have a lot of passage too? how do you manage time? I miss my confidence and I was crying at the exam.

#1 early morning, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. hecksflakes

I retook in January using my old Kaplan, + 3 practise test from pearson and a lot of free practice online, I got 5 free practice from Next tutor too. My Composite wasn't so hot but I was above average and better than my previous test. Just do a lot of practice and analyse each practise test after.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using SDN mobile

early morning likes this.
  4. NextStepTutor_4

NextStepTutor_4 Next Step PCAT Expert

Hey @early morning , it sounds like you're asking about Next Step's PCAT prep. We've got tests, an online class, and tutoring available for the PCAT. Shoot me a PM and I can give you more info. :)

5. PCATPrepClass

Classifieds Approved

Pre-Pharmacy
    The PCAT was updated in 2016 and again for 2018. The Dr. Collins PCAT Prep Class materials were extensively Revised for 2018. Some updates include:
    • Updated 2018 version of study materials based on the latest PCAT exam.
    • Additional passage-based test questions added to Chemistry and Biology practice tests.
    • Additional practice exams for Biology and Quantitative
    The Dr. Collins PCAT Prep Class material is always updated and refined after each PCAT exam!

6. lalaland33

Pharmacy Student
    Dr. Collins should ONLY be used for Chemistry packets and maybe learning time management while taking the practice tests. Use Kaplan for Bio, Math, and Reading. The 2 exams that comes with the Kaplan book is good preparation for the actual exam (I did 20% better on the actual exam) and I've heard from others the Pearson exams are also helpful.

Pharmacy Princess likes this.
  7. Actually, I found Kaplan to be more complete and really makes you "get" the material, whereas Dr.Collins was kinda chewed down except for chemistry it might actually be helpful