PCAT2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

early morning

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I took PCAT in January, so my score was very low. I studied Dr.collines version 2016. It was not helpful because each chem and bio had 3 passage. Time was very short. Is there anybody took in January and recommend me which material should be studying?

Thanks for answering. how do you get 5 free practice of next tutor? where is this? do your exam have a lot of passage too? how do you manage time? I miss my confidence and I was crying at the exam.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I retook in January using my old Kaplan, + 3 practise test from pearson and a lot of free practice online, I got 5 free practice from Next tutor too. My Composite wasn't so hot but I was above average and better than my previous test. Just do a lot of practice and analyse each practise test after.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Hey @early morning , it sounds like you're asking about Next Step's PCAT prep. We've got tests, an online class, and tutoring available for the PCAT. Shoot me a PM and I can give you more info. :)

The PCAT was updated in 2016 and again for 2018. The Dr. Collins PCAT Prep Class materials were extensively Revised for 2018. Some updates include:
  • Updated 2018 version of study materials based on the latest PCAT exam.
  • Additional passage-based test questions added to Chemistry and Biology practice tests.
  • Additional practice exams for Biology and Quantitative
The Dr. Collins PCAT Prep Class material is always updated and refined after each PCAT exam!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, everyone. I took PCAT in January, so my score was very low. I studied Dr.collines version 2016. It was not helpful because each chem and bio had 3 passage. Time was very short. Is there anybody took in January and recommend me which material should be studying?

Thanks for answering. how do you get 5 free practice of next tutor? where is this? do your exam have a lot of passage too? how do you manage time? I miss my confidence and I was crying at the exam.
Dr. Collins should ONLY be used for Chemistry packets and maybe learning time management while taking the practice tests. Use Kaplan for Bio, Math, and Reading. The 2 exams that comes with the Kaplan book is good preparation for the actual exam (I did 20% better on the actual exam) and I've heard from others the Pearson exams are also helpful.

Reactions: 1 user
Actually, I found Kaplan to be more complete and really makes you "get" the material, whereas Dr.Collins was kinda chewed down except for chemistry it might actually be helpful