Pcats!!

Started by rlhtsvm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rlhtsvm

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When should I take my PCAT's a year before I apply or same year I am applying to pharmacy school.
 
I guess it's really up to you. If you feel ready earlier you can take it so that you have extra time to study and re-take it if you don't score as high as you'd like. Also, you probably want to take it after you are finished with some of the major chemistry and math classes.

I am taking it the year I apply, but earlier in the year so I can re-take it if I want and so that I can still apply early. I will be done with all classes except for Biochem when I take it.
 
I don't think it matters too much. You might want to check and see what the oldest PCATs each school that you are interested in will accept. I would just recommend not taking the latest possible PCAT before you apply (so that way you have time to retake it if necessary).