SYPHARMACY

5+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
would it be wise to take the OCT PCATS if i feel im not ready for the aug. one? Can i take both if i feel i did bad on the AUG one. Will i know my score before the deadline for OCT is over? any1 know?

themulya

more specific than amulya
10+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2009
Texas
Status
Pharmacy Student
I did that last year cause I left the august PCAT thinking I had blown it (mainly since I had put off studying until the day before the exam). When I got my scores I found out I actually did pretty decently, but at the time it was too late to cancel my October PCAT. I took the October PCAT thinking I would do better since I actually studied this time but I ended up with the same score.

Basically to answer your question, take the August PCAT see how you feel, if you think you can improve in two months then sign up for the October one. But from my experience, you either know the material or you don't. Two months isn't enough time to drastically improve your score.

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Pharmacy Student
Pharmacy College Admission Test.

Where does this magical fifth "s" come from?

And +1 to Themulya.

OP
S

SYPHARMACY

5+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
and thanks for the helpful answer, ill just study until aug 22. 3 weeks is good no?

IrishHammer

Rated Rx Superstar
10+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2009
Western New York
Status
Pharmacy Student
S comes from... couldnt think of a funny comeback....
"The S is for suck."
-Strongbad

I wouldn't sign up for another one until you've gotten your scores from the first.

diastole

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Where the sun don't shine
Status
Pharmacist
would it be wise to take the OCT PCATS if i feel im not ready for the aug. one? Can i take both if i feel i did bad on the AUG one. Will i know my score before the deadline for OCT is over? any1 know?
Take the practice exams and see how prepared you are. If you aren't ready, then take the October exam. It usually takes about five weeks to get your scores. Take that info and look at the regular and late deadlines, and the cancellation fees and you can figure out if you want to try for August too.