PCE Changes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmpete26

braindoc
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am reapplying this year, though I know it is late, I think I have a shot at getting in. My question is, the Personal Comments essay I wrote last year took forever, and I really liked it. Should I write a different essay or will schools look down on me if I use the same one, just update a few parts?

Members don't see this ad.

I remember wondering the same thing when I reapplied. First of all, (and you may have already done this) call the school and ask them what you can do to strengthen your app. I did this, and the guy I talked to actually pointed out that my personal statement was quite off topic. I had thought mine was really good, too, and was considering using it again... until I heard this, of course. My problem is that I basically wrote an essay about why I thought I would be a great doctor. That isn't what it's supposed to be about; it should be about why you want to go into medicine. My advice is to reread it. Does it really express honestly WHY you chose medicine and not another career? If you really think it does, then yeah, keep it. Definitely add anything new that you feel should be included since the last time you applied, and maybe even touch on how not getting in affected you and how you learned from it or something. Good luck with everything!