PCO/ICO/SUNY/NECO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Madeline20/20

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!!! I'll be applying to the 2020 cycle (which opens in about two weeks)
The schools I listed above will be the ones I am applying to- I live in NJ so I want to stay on the East Coast.
I would really appreciate any advice on the interview process from students who have gone through it and overall info from a student's perspective!!
I don't have a school that seems to stick out to me or that's my favorite!
 
I can't help with the interview process, but I can speak on behalf of the statistics.
Things to consider when applying:
1. Is the school public or private? Private schools are going to be more expensive to attend for loans, but many still have excellent stats on board scores and top-rated clinical faculty.
2. Which town/city is the school located in? This is where you will be doing a lot of networking, living your life on the weekend, and existing outside of classes. Always consider cost of living and demographics of where you're going to be for the next four years.
3. What are the boards pass rates? An institution that cannot mold you into a physician in thinking and practice and yet takes your money without blinking an eye seems...unethical. Since prestige of institution is subjective, I won't go into which schools I hold in higher regard than others, but I would pick the brains of leaders in the field to see which school will give you the better reputation as a grad. But again, this is all my opinion.