1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

PCO interview schedule

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by ODisme, Mar 25, 2007.

1. ODisme

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Does anybody know how PCO organizes their interview schedule?? Like do they interview a certain day of the week or do they accomodate the student's schedule? Do they schedule a certain number of people per interview day? Any information would be appreciated, thanks. Also, if anyone can tell me how far in advance they had to book their interviews? Was it within a week, 2 weeks, a month??

Thanks again!:)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PepsiSucks

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    PCO interviews every day of the week, usually in the morning. Interview first, tours, lunch, exit interview. As for booking interviews in advance, it's dependent your situation and how prepare you feel. Booking flights two weeks in advance saves you money though.

4. Canadian26

Canadian26 Member
    5+ Year Member

Um booking interviews all depends on if they have room for that day. I think mine was 3 weeks in advance. Basically the day is as above, except I had my exit interview right after my first interview... Word of advice though give yourself enough time between your interview and your fligth... Philly's airport is crazy, the security line was insane. Mind you I went back in Nov when the security change happened, like a week after.. but still.

5. vc84

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Is it ok to take a flight that departs at 5pm on the day of the interview? or is that cutting it too close?

Thanks!

6. PepsiSucks

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Interview usually ends around 1 to 2ish. Depending where your hotel is, 5 pm should be fine.

7. aam0050

5+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    I flew out around then, you'll be fine. :)

8. ODisme

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Ok, I'll keep the airport thing in mind. Thanks again to all that replied!