PCO interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fe2692

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a PCO interview on October 23rd?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey EyeCU09, do you mind sharing what the interview was like for PCO?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had one on the 13th. It was way easier than I expected. We had a short presentation with general info about the school, and then we waited to each get called back individually to interview. The interview lasted probably 10 minutes at the most. My interviewer asked really basic questions like what can I improve upon, what promising or encouraging things do I see in the field, what challenges might there be in the field, and he had me elaborate on what I included in my essay about why I wanted to be an optometrist. They mentioned a couple times that they really just want to have a conversation with you, and it did seem to be true.

Adding onto wikais, I also think it depends on the interviewer you get. My interview was actually about 30-45 minutes long and she asked questions about my work experience, hindrances in the optometry field, what I could bring to PCO, how I'm a team leader, and etc (there was about 8 questions that was asked but I don't remember a lot of them). I was actually one of the earlier ones to finish from my group so I think other people in my group took about 50 minutes-ish. But other than that, it's not intimidating and it was relaxing. Don't worry too much!

Fe2692 I'm interviewing tomorrow!!

Just adding on to wikais and optogirlkp. The interview is very casual, just like any conversation. My interviewer was very friendly and said she would put in great words for me to the admissions committee. I guess she was really impressed. I thought the interview went by really quickly but when I came to the waiting room I realized that it had been 45 minutes. Most of the interview involved my interest in optometry and PCO, make sure to do your research so that you know WHY you want to go to PCO, she also asked me about some of the courses I struggled with in Undergrad so make sure if you have any courses like that, you give a good explanation as to why you struggled. Good luck!

Just adding on to wikais and optogirlkp. The interview is very casual, just like any conversation. My interviewer was very friendly and said she would put in great words for me to the admissions committee. I guess she was really impressed. I thought the interview went by really quickly but when I came to the waiting room I realized that it had been 45 minutes. Most of the interview involved my interest in optometry and PCO, make sure to do your research so that you know WHY you want to go to PCO, she also asked me about some of the courses I struggled with in Undergrad so make sure if you have any courses like that, you give a good explanation as to why you struggled. Good luck!
When did you interview? Did you find out if you got in? It's taking them forever to get back to me about their decision. Thanks in advance!

When did you interview? Did you find out if you got in? It's taking them forever to get back to me about their decision. Thanks in advance!
It took them less than a week for them to get back to me with an acceptance and I interviewed last week. If it's taking longer than 2 weeks, I think it's appropriate for you to call them and check the status because they said they should have a decision within a week or two.

It took them less than a week for them to get back to me with an acceptance and I interviewed last week. If it's taking longer than 2 weeks, I think it's appropriate for you to call them and check the status because they said they should have a decision within a week or two.
Thanks so much for the reply!