curious5321

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hi Everyone, I just want to make sure I have this right...on the PCO website it says,

Refund Policy
Matriculants who withdraw from the College on or prior to May 15 will be refunded 100 percent of their paid College Matriculation Deposit less a $100 administrative cost charge. Payment of this charge will still be required of all matriculants, even if no College Matriculation Deposits have been paid. Matriculants who withdraw from the College after May 15, but before the first day of class, will forfeit all Matriculation Deposits paid to the College.

So does that mean that if they sent you a letter of acceptance then you are a matriculant and even if I decline their offer of admission right away and don't send them any deposit, that I will still have to pay them $100?

Thanks

IDoctor

10+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
to me it looks this way:
you have to pay a deposit to hold your seat (as with any other school). if you decide you no longer want your seat after that, then they still keep $100, but return the rest to you if you decide to withdraw before the 15th.

ICU23

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
No school has the right to charge you anything if you don't choose to go to their school. Maybe it's just me, but there's an easy answer to this question. Dont give them your money!!

About the Ads

ML1983

PCO Class of 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometry Student
Hm...when I applied I just gave them $500 to hold my seat, and the other $500 in the summer. IF you decline them, than you don't pay (of course). I think it means that if you change your mind later on, they refund you $400 and charge you $100 fee.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.