PCO Response time after interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalfourchette

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at PCO at the end of February, and they said they would have a decision within two weeks, and also sent me that same email that said a decision would be made within two weeks. I've since interviewed and heard back from other schools in that same time frame since, and PCO still hasn't given me an answer and it's been two months. I've been checking e-mail and my physical mailbox everyday but nothing. I e-mailed them three times to confirm and called once that they didn't send me anything and to ask whether or not they had a decision yet, but everytime it's a stock answer: sorry the committee is still pending a decision.

WTF is up with them? Is it safe to say I've just been waitlisted or rejected and should I even bother anymore?

Members don't see this ad.

They're probably looking at all the other candidates first, and typically if they mention that the committee is still pending a decision it means they'll reorganize and check out your file again. You haven't interviewed at PCO yet have you?

I had the same response before my interview as well (currently a student at PCO).

They're probably looking at all the other candidates first, and typically if they mention that the committee is still pending a decision it means they'll reorganize and check out your file again. You haven't interviewed at PCO yet have you?

I had the same response before my interview as well (currently a student at PCO).

No, I've interviewed already nearly 2 months ago. I'm writing it off as a rejection by now, but not impressed with their non-answers as responses. I contacted them several times.

I interviewed at PCO at the end of February, and they said they would have a decision within two weeks, and also sent me that same email that said a decision would be made within two weeks. I've since interviewed and heard back from other schools in that same time frame since, and PCO still hasn't given me an answer and it's been two months. I've been checking e-mail and my physical mailbox everyday but nothing. I e-mailed them three times to confirm and called once that they didn't send me anything and to ask whether or not they had a decision yet, but everytime it's a stock answer: sorry the committee is still pending a decision.

WTF is up with them? Is it safe to say I've just been waitlisted or rejected and should I even bother anymore?
They are comparing your stats with others that's what the pending a decision means.