PCO, SCO, and NOVA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

logandk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on applying to these three schools because they are the closet to my home (Virginia).

I am interested in specializing in ocular disease and want to know which school would be prepare me for that.

Also, if you have other schools that focus heavily on ocular diseases please suggest them.

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on applying to these three schools because they are the closet to my home (Virginia).

I am interested in specializing in ocular disease and want to know which school would be prepare me for that.

Also, if you have other schools that focus heavily on ocular diseases please suggest them.

I don't know about PCO and NOVA but I know SCO has an externship specialty in ocular disease as well as a residency in ocular and refractive surgery/ocular disease. The former provides the individual with extensive experience in managing patients in busy multi-disciplinary eye care practices with an emphasis onpatients presenting with diseases while the latter does the same with additional emphasis on the pre and post-operative management of patients presenting for ocular surgery.

I also have applied to Ohio State's optometry school and I know they also offer a Disease Extern experience and special clinician practice externship emphasizing ovular pathology.

Hope this helps some.

There is a TON of disease seen in SCO's clinic just due to the demographics here.

I'm from VA too and those were the three schools I looked at as well. SCO is by far the least expensive and the diverse patient base will prepare you well. Where in VA are you from?