PCO - sports and stuff

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kalmeerut

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am debating between PCO & Indiana & possibly ohio state (but they seem to be really slow, and i haven't heard from them yet)

Anyone that goes to PCO - does PCO have any intramural sports, etc.? Is there a lot going on in terms of things to do? The other 2 schools are much bigger and definitely more opportunities for college type activities like intramurals, etc, but I'm getting a contract position for PCO, so that helps. But I don't know if I can go to PCO knowing that I'll rarely if ever get to get on a basketball court or a soccer field. Any info on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
S

Members don't see this ad.

kalmeerut said:
I am debating between PCO & Indiana & possibly ohio state (but they seem to be really slow, and i haven't heard from them yet)

Anyone that goes to PCO - does PCO have any intramural sports, etc.? Is there a lot going on in terms of things to do? The other 2 schools are much bigger and definitely more opportunities for college type activities like intramurals, etc, but I'm getting a contract position for PCO, so that helps. But I don't know if I can go to PCO knowing that I'll rarely if ever get to get on a basketball court or a soccer field. Any info on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
S

heyo, yeah i was pondering on this while looking at pco. they said on the website that they hold intramural bball games...but alas, the tour guy said there are none. until the new gym is up (they said maybe by winter of 05) there are no indoor courts. there are plenty of playgrounds tho

kalmeerut said:

Thanks,
S

WHen I attended the school a couple years back, there were a few intramural sports (although I don't know how intramural it was- it was like a bunch of guys getting together for a good time) depending on the time of the year like football, basketball...It depends on how busy the students are and how motivated they are to form teams.
I hope the new activity center opens soon so you will have more space for recreation and sports.
GOod luck...I thought ICO had better facilities though and I don't know about Indiana.
As for Ohio they are one of the last schools you will hear from because they will pick the best-of-the-best and having only 40 slots in the entering class...well, if you had high OAT and GPA scores and did well on the interview, you may have a shot. Give them a call and tell them you are interested in their school. I bet they would have better intramural sports since they are part of a college (ugrad).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats one of the reasons I applied to and have accepted admission into IU. I know that they have intramural basketball as well as volleyball that goes on. Also having a huge college campus makes it much much easier to get involved in any type of intramurals and they have a TON of clubs to offer.

good luck in your decision let me know if you decide IU

:thumbup:

kalmeerut said:

Thanks,
S

Hey guys,

Kaostonite is right. IU is awesome for intramurals. I was in IM volleyball, tennis, floor hockey, etc. You'll always be able to find a team. If you like basketball at all, you need to go to IU. They have 2 main gyms. The older one has 10 full court wood-floored courts. The only time I ever went there and couldn't find a pick-up game with 9 other strangers was when the Pacers were in the Eastern Conference finals on TV. The newer gym has four full court wood floored courts.

Heck, they even have IM darts and euchre.

As far as soccer, IMO, Indiana is the best soccer program in the country, so there's a high interest on campus for it. This season notwithstanding, the basketball team is pretty good too. Student tickets are affordable and plentiful.

There are always people at the school who will join in a team with you, or just head to the gym for basketball or racketball. The workout facilities at IU are great and modern as well.

I would guess Ohio State has similar facilities, but then you'd have to be a Buckeye :(

Tom Stickel
Indiana U. 2001

good to know that pick-up games are easy to come by !!

Looking forward to it