PCO vs ICO

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AT747

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received invitation letters from both PCO and ICO. And I have few questions for those of you who are currently attending these schools or had an interview in there.

1. What's the cost of living in a one bedroom apt ?
2. How should I prepare myself for the interview ?
3. Do you guys like PCO more or ICO ?

Members don't see this ad.

To answer your questions,

1. A 1-bedroom can range anywhere from $600-$900. It depends on where you live.

2. Just be yourself.

3. PCO is a great school!! But prepared to do a lot of work! I've learned so much here, but its unreal how much work we have to do! :rolleyes:

Go to both interviews and see which one suits you more better.

Gotta go study!

I don't know about PCO but here's what I know about ICO:
(1)In Chicago, what neighborhood you live in can drastically change the amount of rent you pay. I know the RC (ICO dorm) is about $600 or so a month, Bridgeport is around $1100. I don't really know about anywhere else. What about a studio? Those are cheaper.

(2)To prepare for my interviews, I studied the schools' website, read over my application and research, and practiced answers to questions I might be asked.

(3)AS I said, I don't know about PCO. ICO Is a great school with an EXCELLENT clinic. They don't do research. I agree with Christie that you should interview at both and see how you feel after that.
Good luck
Eyegirl.

1) Generally, cost-of-living is higher in Chicago than Philly -- though PCO is located in a fairly affluent suburb (if you're trying to live right next to the school).

2) I agree w/christie and eyegirl's advice. I don't know the format of ICO's interview, but PCO's is closed-file -- they're just looking to see what you are like as a person more than anything.

3) Both schools have a solid fanbase on SDN, so they must be doing something right. ;) When you interview at them, try to imagine yourself going to school there and hanging around with the students you meet -- trust your impressions.

Good luck!