Pco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oilersfan69

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So ive heard concerns about the distance between the main building and the eye clinic? Is it really far? how much of a walking distance is it? there's no other way of transportation to and from the clinic other than having your own car (i.e. no bus system)?
Is this inconvenience due to time limits in gettin to and from the clinic?

Members don't see this ad.

Its approximately a 10 min drive... This was one of the things that I didnt like about the school. when I asked about a bus system, the tour guides said most students just carpool.. but to me, I dont always want to rely on my classmates to take me there, esp since i wont have a car during school.

10 mins.. thats ridiculous since most ppl dont have cars... so everyone just carpools then?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, i will be going to PCO in the fall and it would definitely be useful to have a car. the eye clinic is pretty far away from the school, an 8 min or so drive (it's in north philly). i think it would be a major hassle to try to carpool to the clinic, especially when you have to go to the clinic a lot, like in the 3rd and 4th years.

From what I understand first year carpooling is okay because you dont go there as much. But by 2nd year, its almost manditory to get car since your clinical hrs dont line up with anyone. If you have a roomate maybe look into splitting the cost of a car, but even then I dont know how feasible it'll be in 2nd year.

Hey Canadian26,

Which school do you go to ?

You did your pre-reqs in Canada, right ?

so im from edmonton, hence my name... but anyways i was wondering how you would go about acquiring a car... can't I jus bring my car from canada? Do i have to apply for a philly driver's licence? where can I get more info about acquiring a car/bringing my own car from canada?

Hey Canadian26,

Which school do you go to ?

You did your pre-reqs in Canada, right ?

Hey im at U of A, and I did do my pre-reqs here.

so im from edmonton, hence my name... but anyways i was wondering how you would go about acquiring a car... can't I jus bring my car from canada? Do i have to apply for a philly driver's licence? where can I get more info about acquiring a car/bringing my own car from canada?

Ive been getting confliciting info about this as well. Im from Edmonton as well. From what I understand that if you want to bring your car from here, depending on the state you can have issues. The car has to go through an entire inspection process, and if you fail you can get stuck at the border with your car. Secondly, from what I understand if your living in the states for more than 3 mo (which you will be) you need to get a philly drivers lience, meaning that your going to have to write your learners test and re-do your drivers exam. Lastly, you need insurance down there. Now the thing where im confused is, I think someone told me that they're friends brought their canadian insured cars down to the states, and had no problems, but I think that was in cali.

I have no idea where to find info on this, ive been looking. So what I just told you, is what my aunt had to do when she moved for work. She also went to Missiouri which may have different laws.

hey canadian 26 i go to UofA also.. did u get into PCO for fall 2007? what are ur pre-req gpa/overall gpa like? I'm in my fourth year but doin my bsc in 4.5 and applying for fall 2008...

hey canadian 26 i go to UofA also.. did u get into PCO for fall 2007? what are ur pre-req gpa/overall gpa like? I'm in my fourth year but doin my bsc in 4.5 and applying for fall 2008...

Yah, im going for 2007.
Pre-req's 3.2 (organic chem :eek:)
Overall- 3.5

u get any scholarships? how'd u do on ur OAT?

Um I got a scholarship fo UMSL. As far as I know PCO doenst have any? Or they didnt offer any to me. I got a TS 350 Overall 350.