PCOM Adcom...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nickelpennykid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have interviewed at PCOM so far (or those already at PCOM), does anyone know when thier adcom meets this month. I have heard that they only meet once a month. Also, anyone know if they e-mail or snail mail decisions??

Members don't see this ad.

they send it through the mail. Its usually mid month and the decisions are sent out pretty quickly after that.

has anybody heard from PCOM-Ga yet??? any interviews ??

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, Im a little peeved by them right now. I was told they wouldnt start interviewing until mid-Oct to early Nov. Well it turns out that it's mid-Oct as the first interview date is Oct 13th (I believe). I have been complete there for weeks now and have received interviews from the other schools I'm complete at...but no word from PCOM-GA. I called to "check the status of my file" (basically asking them what can you tell me about my status at this time). She said all she could tell me was whether or not my file was complete, which I knew it was, so that was no help. They email interview invites, so I also checked to make sure my email address was right (because my email addy is my name which is frequently spelled wrong). She said they just get an electronic file from AACOMAS so whatever I entered was what they have. Sigh. So sadly, I found no good reason to not have heard from them yet. I guess I'll just go cry myself to sleep now. :(

yeh... i hear ya. i've been "complete" at PCOM-GA since end of august...... and still no word... i called the adcom.. and they told me the same thing...mid oct... they seem really behind in their admissions process.. i mean, other schools have already accepting ppl and they havent even started interviewing!!

They arent behind, they just don't start insanely early like other schools. PCOM-PA just recently started interviewing in September. My year, they didn't start till mid october. This isnt a bad thing, you aren't faced with a huge deposit due right away when you are still waiting to hear form other schools. Many schools will accept you, charge an insane deposit due in two weeks and hope you go somewhere else

They arent behind, they just don't start insanely early like other schools. PCOM-PA just recently started interviewing in September. My year they didn't start till mid october. This isnt a bad hting you aren't faced with a huge deposit due right away when you are still waiting to hear form other schools. Many schools will accept you, charge an insane deposit due in two weeks and hope you go somewhere else

They started interviewing in september????? When i called the Adcom, they said they would start reviewing files in oct and start inviting ppl for interviews??

has anybody heard from PCOM-Ga yet??? any interviews ??

I interview 10-18....I also went to the open house in july and met most of the staff. I am very excited. This is my number once choice of schools. I only applied to 1 D.O. school and 3 allopathic schools and i got my interview....i guess we will see...

i've been complete for over a month at PCOM, interviewed already at 4 other schools, and still have heard nothing back from PCOM:(

I went to the open house at PCOM yesterday. They said they started interviewing people Sept 18 this year. But its not as frequent as in the spring time when they interview three days a week. So although I was freaking out, I'm a little less stressed about when the interview email will arrive. All in due time :)

The committee meets every 3 weeks. Next meeting is the 11th.

The committee meets every 3 weeks. Next meeting is the 11th.

ds776...how do u know this? I assume you are talking about PCOM-philly, not GA. Also, any idea if they e-mail / snail mail??? Did u interview there?

bump...

anyone get an e-mail from PCOM today????

no...did you? this is making me nervous

I received an e-mail from PCOM today stating that someone from admissions would contact me soon regarding the status of my application. I am not sure what this means. I believe I am already complete there.

no...did you? this is making me nervous

No but according to some people they met yesterday, which means that they could have mailed it out today and since I am in Philly I might have it tomorrow :). Or I could just have to wait again...

I received an e-mail from PCOM today stating that someone from admissions would contact me soon regarding the status of my application. I am not sure what this means. I believe I am already complete there.

Did you interview or are u talking about your secondary?

I received this email about three weeks ago. All it means is that that your application is complete and ready for review.

i guess the people were right. i got my letter today!!! :D