PCOM anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emidesu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else applying to PCOM's certificate program for fall? I've been kind of in denial about school but now I'm getting it together...

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted to pcom certificate program that starts this Aug.
I got interviewed for Drexel-IMS and waiting for the letter.
I am about 80% sure ill be attending PCOM.
Do you know what percentage of certificate program students get accepted to PCOM medical school the next year?

Hi guys, good to hear from some people who are also attending the Biomed Science program! I was posting here all the time earlier and nobody would ever respond to me! Right now I'm living in Bethlehem, PA but I'll be moving to the King of Prussia area at the beginning of August.

Needless to say, most of us (in the reapplicant & post-bacc forum especially) are in denial. For one thing, I am still waitlisted at PCOM, but I have to say, I'm not really counting on getting accepted anymore; so it's time to ship out and start with applications and MCATs all over again! I know, it's painful, but success has always been a long hard road for me! IM me at ShuttofyYourTrap maybe we can motivate each other to do reapplication stuff without yelling and screaming of course! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to the IMS program and the PCOM program, but I turned IMS down because ultimately I want to go to PCOM. Also, I like going to class better and learning with the teacher right there instead of in a room across the city and I'm just looking at a projector or screen! Plus we get to do a little gross anatomy and Drexel doesn't offer that.

i was in denial too but now i am applying to some programs. but, i am not too familiar with the program at PCOM. is this program telecasted or is the IMS Drexel one telecasted into rooms? and does anyone know if PCOM is still reviewing/accepting applications? anyone did the program before? thanks.

the drexel one is telecasted cuz their auditoriums are too small for everyone, the PCOM program is taught at night, 3 days a week by the same teachers that teach osteopathic students in the day...the classes are supposed to be a little easier because they don't go into as much depth, PM if you need more help

PCOM post-bacc program is still accepting applications. The deadline is July 15th. There's no interview and the essays are pretty easy to write. pm me if anyone have any Qs in re: the application process.
Looking forward to see you at PCOM this Aug! :)

If one's goal to go to an allopathic med sch. is the PCOM program a reasonable choice?

Same question.
Anyone know anybody who went to an allopathic school after PCOM-ccertificate program?

It's my understanding that attending something like IMS is better if you want to go to an allopathic school. However, I'm happy to go to med school period.

hey guys,
just wanted to let you know that there have been many posts on this program so do a search on it. As for getting into allopathic schools...yes you can get into them. People who finished thet full two years got into schools anywhere from University of Miami to Northwestern so dont worry bout it. At PCOM, you take first year medical school classes. Biochem is biochem no matter where you take it. If you have any questions, let me know.

Hi all:
I plan to visit PCOM on 7/14 as I am interested in their post-bac program. Can anyone shed any info on the program? That is, how the program stacks up against med school admission requirements? Thanks!

LM :)

Hi All,

Where is everyone living? I'm looking for places now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Smile80

I just wanted to share with everyone that i was accepted into the Biomedical Sciences Program at PCOM. I have an interview with Drexel tomorrow for the MSP program, so we'll see how that goes. For those who are attending PCOM, where are you living? Also, are any of you guys taking the August MCAT. If anyone would like to talk about PCOM and their program, IM me at zee254.

Hope to hear from you and Congrats to those were accepted!

Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone got a financial aid packate and any housing information. I might be looking for roommate so if anyone is looking PM me.
I look forward to seeing you all on August 16

Do we start August 16? I am so late in applying I'm wondering if I should be going to the financial aid office. I would like to be in touch with all who will be in this program, so PM me.

It's official- I will definitely be there Monday! I am so excited- who else will be there?

I asked one of my fellow PCOM students how many go into medical school from the MS/Certificate program. They most from the certificate program but was unsure b/c they did the MS program. They said all but two got into medical school from the MS program, I think the two that didn't were not pursuing it, one went to Pharma and they other went on to other graduate work.