PCOM-GA vs LECOM-B

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rammy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been accepted to both schools and having difficulty selecting between the two. I just wanted to see what the general consensus was with everyone else.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I have been accepted to both schools and having difficulty selecting between the two. I just wanted to see what the general consensus was with everyone else.

Thanks

PCOM.

Access to PA residency programs, established curriculum, better rotations.

The key thing imo is if you believe pbl is for you? Are you a self directed learner? Do you need lectures? This will really help you decide.

Lecom's 3rd year rotations are scattered and aren't very good. It is cheap though and their students seem to end up doing well. Your call!

I wasn't really a fan of the PBL concept when I interviewed at LECOM. I liked PCOM-GA's curriculum and had an overall better experience there. I put down my deposit for both schools but I think I'll be attending PCOM-GA in fall. I'm kind of hoping that the relationship with PCOM-PA might have some kind of benefit. But I think LECOM-B is more established than PCOM-GA and from the few LECOM-B students that I've met, they were pretty happy with their education and matched quite well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Really
PCOM.

Access to PA residency programs, established curriculum, better rotations.

The key thing imo is if you believe pbl is for you? Are you a self directed learner? Do you need lectures? This will really help you decide.

Lecom's 3rd year rotations are scattered and aren't very good. It is cheap though and their students seem to end up doing well. Your call!

Thats honestly what is holding back right now. They have the highest board exams, but I guess I have to really decide if PBL is something I am willing to to commit to. Thanks!

I wasn't really a fan of the PBL concept when I interviewed at LECOM. I liked PCOM-GA's curriculum and had an overall better experience there. I put down my deposit for both schools but I think I'll be attending PCOM-GA in fall. I'm kind of hoping that the relationship with PCOM-PA might have some kind of benefit. But I think LECOM-B is more established than PCOM-GA and from the few LECOM-B students that I've met, they were pretty happy with their education and matched quite well.

Really? I thought LECOM-B and PCOM-GA opened up around the same time? I feel like I'm on the same boat as you. I placed my deposits at both schools since I can't decide

Really

Thats honestly what is holding back right now. They have the highest board exams, but I guess I have to really decide if PBL is something I am willing to to commit to. Thanks!

Boards have more to do with the student not the school.

These two school have drastically different curriculum. Decide what curriculum and location is best for you. Should be an easy choice.