PCOM GA wait list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsmittyund03

Bob Schneider fan
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to open a thread up for wait listees at PCOM Atl. I received my notification on April 27th and so now it's just a waiting game. Anyone else on it or could it just be a one person alternate list with yours truly at the top? Well, I'm off to watch Zoolander and make myself feel smart.

Smitty

Members don't see this ad.

jsmittyund03 said:
Just wanted to open a thread up for wait listees at PCOM Atl. I received my notification on April 27th and so now it's just a waiting game. Anyone else on it or could it just be a one person alternate list with yours truly at the top? Well, I'm off to watch Zoolander and make myself feel smart.

Smitty

I am on that list as well. Been on there for about the same amount of time. I guess all we can do in hope for the best!
let me know if you hear anything. LATER

I got my letter on May 2nd. Waiting game....

I called to find out what the waitlist policy was....I've read on sdn that some schools put checks besides ppls names on the waitlist whenever they call or mail an update letter or a letter of intent. So I was told by adcom that written correspondence wouldnt be helpful, rather communication through the phone would be more progressive. She didnt confirm whether they participated in the "check mark" policy. Have any of you guys sent an update letter of some kind?

Members don't see this ad :)
ttpatel said:
I got my letter on May 2nd. Waiting game....

I called to find out what the waitlist policy was....I've read on sdn that some schools put checks besides ppls names on the waitlist whenever they call or mail an update letter or a letter of intent. So I was told by adcom that written correspondence wouldnt be helpful, rather communication through the phone would be more progressive. She didnt confirm whether they participated in the "check mark" policy. Have any of you guys sent an update letter of some kind?

I don't know if this helps, but I am waitlisted at PCOM's main campus and also had a phone conversation with an admissions representative. She told me that sending additional materials was unnecessary, and told me to continue to call. I did send a letter of intent along with my "please leave my name on the alternate list" form, but that was before I'd spoken to her.

What's up guys? Personally I have not called yet, but now I'm thinking about doing so. I have been told that there is a numbered wait list already, so I'm not sure how much it matters. Lastly, I am under the impression that May 15th is the final date that those accepted can send in their reply. If this is true, the calls might start after this date. Anyone have any info on this?
Smitty

I received my letter on May 2nd via email and then one on May 4th via snail mail. The letter stated that all responses must be sent by May 6th (but they were allowing some extra time since they sent so many out so late)... I don't know if the May 6th deadline was for "everyone" or just for me for this purpose.

Good luck to all
:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

jsmittyund03 said:
What's up guys? Personally I have not called yet, but now I'm thinking about doing so. I have been told that there is a numbered wait list already, so I'm not sure how much it matters. Lastly, I am under the impression that May 15th is the final date that those accepted can send in their reply. If this is true, the calls might start after this date. Anyone have any info on this?
Smitty

The $2000 deposit is due by May 15th (probably postmarked by). I think the only way to go beyond that is to ask for an extension.

adennis said:
I received my letter on May 2nd via email and then one on May 4th via snail mail. The letter stated that all responses must be sent by May 6th (but they were allowing some extra time since they sent so many out so late)... I don't know if the May 6th deadline was for "everyone" or just for me for this purpose.

Good luck to all
:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

I had the May 6th deadline as well. I assumed that was for everyone.

The May 6th was the deadline for responses from wait listed people, but I believe that May 15th was the deadline for those accepted to send in a deposit. This would mean that schools will begin to send out more acceptances relatively soon.

Smitty

I gave up a seat at GA PCOM this weekend (last minute w/l acceptance).

Good luck to you all. :luck: It's a great school.

I just received an acceptance letter today (postmarked on May 16th). So movement of the waitlist has begun.

The waitlist was implemented as early as April 29th, but I have a feeling that they may have not started pulling off the waitlist until after the May 15th deadline. Goodluck to everyone still waiting to hear.

Congrats and welcome to the class. You can now officially switch to posting in the GA-PCOM thread in osteopathic

ttpatel said:
I just received an acceptance letter today (postmarked on May 16th). So movement of the waitlist has begun.

The waitlist was implemented as early as April 29th, but I have a feeling that they may have not started pulling off the waitlist until after the May 15th deadline. Goodluck to everyone still waiting to hear.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone tried to call (recently) and see whether there's a ranking or anything on the waitlist?

just curious whether it's worth the long distance charges.. ;-)

Thanks!
Andrea

adennis said:
Has anyone tried to call (recently) and see whether there's a ranking or anything on the waitlist?

just curious whether it's worth the long distance charges.. ;-)

Thanks!
Andrea

I don't think they are releasing actual number rankings on the waitlist. They haven't for the last two weeks.

I received a call and an email today asking if I wanted to remain on the waitlist... my smart a$$ self wanted to say NO, accept me.. but that's another story... ;-)

Anyway.. wondering if anyone else got the same notification(s)... I called and left a message.. but I am planning on calling back just to see if I can speak to someone.

I just called PCOM-Atlanta and they said they were moving through the waitlist rather quickly.. and there's been a lot of movement on it.. but she didn't say how many people were still on it or ranking...

I'm wondering if any other people that have posted in this thread either received the email/phone call asking about the waitlist and/or have been accepted off of the waitlist already.?

Howdy ho fellow waitlisters...

Just letting you guys know that I, for one, still have not heard from the waitlist. There has been lots of movement on it, apparently, but it appears to have halted for now. I'm assuming it goes in spurts as the school sends out more notices and people either respond positively or negatively. All I know is that I run to the mailbox every day:).

Smitty

I also have not heard anything... I called at the beginning of last week and was told that there was a lot of movement, but that everyone would know by the end of July....that wasn't terribly reassuring....

Yea, I'm guessing at this point the chances are quite slim to none. I have heard stories of last minuted acceptances, but I'm definitely not thinking positively like I did when I was waitlisted. It's unfortunate, I would have liked to open PCOM-GA. Time to make my August plans for Vegas.

Smitty

jsmittyund03 said:
Yea, I'm guessing at this point the chances are quite slim to none. I have heard stories of last minuted acceptances, but I'm definitely not thinking positively like I did when I was waitlisted. It's unfortunate, I would have liked to open PCOM-GA. Time to make my August plans for Vegas.

Smitty

I spoke with Aisha and she said the next date for the students to give their deposits is june the 16th and after that is when more movement for the wait list will happen. So all we can do is wait and see!

LATER

Hey everyone! I was just reading through several things on this website when I stumbled across this thread. I just received my acceptance letter for GA-PCOM a few days ago (sent out June 15th I believe, but I was out of town). I interviewed mid-March and was put on the alternate list very shortly thereafter.

I'm really not sure how this school puts together its list, or even how many people are on it, but I called to ask questions several times. I don't know if that helps at all, but I would recommend being an aggresive waitlist-er because it shows your honest intent.

Anyway, I had just about given up hope, and I was actually scheduled to take the GRE in a week because I planned on going to get my Masters degree while I concentrated on re-applying (I have parents who are not comfortable with me doing absolutely nothing for a year!!). Nevertheless, everything is falling into place, and I too talked to Aisha several times and heard that movement off the list would probably occur after June 15th. I really hope all works out for those of you still waiting...I fell in love with this school during my interview (I've always loved Atlanta!). I know it's new and there will probably be a lot of awkwardness just because there will only be about 85 students total first year, but I am really looking forward to it. Bye!!

Hi everybody!!!
Has everybody given hope??? I am almost ready!! I highly doubt now an acceptance letter will be arriving for me from Ga-PCOM. Please post if you tumble on any new information

Hello everyone,
Am I the only one still on the alternate list of GA-PCOM??? Please let me know if anybody else is still on it and heard any news??? I think there are 15 or so ppl still on the alternate list.
Good luck everyone :thumbup:

Hello, I'm right there with ya. I've given up hope and am about ready to submit my application again (although I'm still waiting just in case). Good luck!

J-Smitty

Yeah I am hoping. But I was told there has been some movement on the alternate list, but not much it seems. The orientation is on August 10th, so....
But there are other schools that have called the day after orientation and some the day before orientation. So let's hope we fall under those circumstances. Are you from Georgia, Smitty??? Keep me updated if you have any movement. Thanks :)

Yea, unfortunately, I called yesterday and Aisha was nice enough to return my call. She said one slot was available, and she had to call the lucky dog that night. She called me back and said it wasn't me, but at least she was kind enough to return the call. Thus, the class is now full, so chances are far worse than "slim to none" at this point. Time to reapply I guess? I'm actually from Washington D.C., but love Atlanta and that is what interested me in PCOM there. What about you?

J-Smitty

what are your guys stats ? to be waitlisted at pcom-ga

im applying there rite now...primaries still processing.. just wondering if i have hope or not..

thx.