Pcom-ga

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raven Feather

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an invite at PCOM-GA for 11/17, anyone who interviewed there want to tell me what it was like?

Members don't see this ad.

Raven Feather said:
I just received an invite at PCOM-GA for 11/17, anyone who interviewed there want to tell me what it was like?
Hey RavenFeather, I interviewed at PCOM-GA on 10/17. It was a good interview experience. It was my second interview (after pikeville) so that's all I really have to compare it to. Well I take that back, I've also toured ETSU's Quillen COM, but that wasn't an interview day. PCOM-GA was really nice. If you go the website you'll see it's a new 19acre campus, and I think the new building must be about 15 acres, it's huge. The facilites are very nice, the anatomy lab has three large widescreens from the ceiling so everyone can see anything the prof wants to show. The OMM lab is similarly new and nice, with nice OMM tables and several screens from the ceilings in there also. The OMM prof came from PCOM-PA and I believe several of the other profs came from KCOM and KCUMB. The cafeteria is nice, the classrooms are great. They will be giving most of their tests on the computer in the format of the COMLEX to get you used to that. They have a gym in the building with machines and cardio (they didn't have, but were getting free weights), and they will have some GT grad students in exersize science come in twice a week to do personal training for whomever wants it. The students all seemed very friendly and got along well.
As far as the interview day goes, it started at about 8:15a with some conversation amongst the interviewees (5 in my group including me) and the admissions coordinator over some breakfast. Next we interviewed individually for about 45 minutes each (one of us and two profs), then took a tour. Our day ended around 12p If I recall correctly.
Compared to PCSOM the facilities were much better/nicer, and obviously the location outside of Atlanta is nice. I did however like the atmosphere at PCSOM a little better, seemed more down to earth plus the class size is smaller (PCSOM=75. PCOM-GA =86 and they want to get the class up to 120 in the next several years). For me, PCSOM is a better fit of the two based on location (closer to home and lower cost of living), environment, and price (plus all that is included in tution at PCSOM). With all that said however, I think I could be very happy at either school and did really have a good experience with PCOM-GA.
PS. I left an interview feedback (the latest of only 2...where are all the PCOM-GA interviewees?) so you can check that out to see how the actuall inteveiw went. let me know if you have anymore questions that I might be able to answer.

Raven Feather said:

Raven, when you get to GA-PCOM, ask for Stryker, Rat-tooth, Demerit, DC and Chow-Time.

Also, I think I'm scheduled to give you guys a tour that day - see ya then.

I think you'll enjoy your interview with GA-PCOM, I haven't heard any horror stories so far.