Pcom-ga

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fahimaz7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what is the sched. for this school? Anyone interview with them yet? Non-EDP?

Members don't see this ad.

Interviews start in the middle of this month. I believe the first date is October 16, 2006. Hope this helps.

yeh.. no one i know has heard back from PCOM-GA... but hopefully soon...

Members don't see this ad :)
Err, I hate to even tell you this. I heard from them Friday for an interview on the 21st. I think they're just really slow getting these invites out. I really wouldn't stress at this point (I know that easy for me to say). Good luck; hopefully I'll see one of you there with me.

congrats!! good to know that at least some one is hearing back from them!

got one today for october 18. had to reschedule for november though.

I was also invited today,but I declined the interview. I just have mixed feelings about a school that is so clearly behind everyone else in the interview department. After all, I have already interviewed at three other places and been accepted to at least two...

I hear that.
Im really not that entirely impressed with the school anyway, you arent missing much-especially if youve been accepted elsewhere. Congrats on your other acceptances.

Thanks. Good luck on your future interviews, Ilovewaiting...

Well, my interview is the 21st. as well but I haven't received any package from them! The email they sent was very vague and did not have a time line, not even the time you should arrive! has anyone gotten more info?

I got an e-mail yesterday for Oct 23, but since I am already interviewing in GA in November at another school, I rescheduled for then. The e-mail they sent tells you that there is a breakfast at 8:15 and then it will tell you your interview time as well.

Well, my interview is the 21st. as well but I haven't received any package from them! The email they sent was very vague and did not have a time line, not even the time you should arrive! has anyone gotten more info?
Yeah, very vague. Its kind of always how this school is. They were 1st on my list for a while because its close to home and in the good ole south. But man!...they are working hard to make me change my mind. My email DID not say that I was to arrive at 815am...This is roughly what I got:
"It is my pleasure to invite you to meet with members of our Committee on Saturday, October 21, 2006.

When you arrive on campus, please register your name at the Main
Security Desk before checking in the Office of Admissions, located on
the first floor. During the interview session, a continental breakfast will be served. Your actual interview with the Faculty Committee on Admissions will be at 1:30 p.m. At 2:30 p.m., there will be a tour of GA-PCOM's campus given by one of our students which will last about thirty minutes."

No time to arrive, no 815, no timeline. Until I saw this thread, I was planning on showing up at 1230. Are we suppose to be there at 815 or is that just for people who want to hang around for 4 hrs with nothing to do???

i think you need to be thee around 1100 for saturday interviews. call and find out.

i think the breakfast is optional.

i think you need to be thee around 1100 for saturday interviews. call and find out.
i called and got attitude (again) but whatever. I told her I was calling to see if I needed to be there at a specific time in the morning because the email mentioned breakfast but not a timeline of events. She said, "it says when you need to be here in the email." I *politely* told her that it didn't and she put me on hold to specifically look at the email she sent me and then read it to me (umm, thanks but i can read). She said "It says breakfast will be served before your interview and your interview is at 1:30pm." I said, "Right, that's why i was calling to see if I needed to be there in the morning for some reason, because 130pm isnt breakfast time. Then she goes, "No you don't have to be here any time before your interview if I don't want to. I guess I should change that to brunch." Yeah, ya think. *rollz eyez* Remind me why I'm applying to this school?

I was also invited today,but I declined the interview. I just have mixed feelings about a school that is so clearly behind everyone else in the interview department. After all, I have already interviewed at three other places and been accepted to at least two...

I declined my interview as well, but this was after having visited the school and recieving an acceptance to a school. Compared to the others I have interviewed at, PCOM-GA quickly went to the bottom of my list. The thing that really bothered me about the visit is that the second year who gave us the tour couldn't explain how their curriculum worked. Also, the administration would not tell the second years the rotation sites they had lined up, stating that they wouldn't let them know until the ink is dried with each site. They're less than a year away from having to put students into rotations and they haven't finalized their sites!? I know newer schools have some kinks, but Debusk has already told prospectives where they could rotate, and they don't even have an inaugural class!

I also heard some not so positive stories about P-COM..I decided not to apply there..may add them later. :mad: