pcom housing, help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lanush

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Is the director of Student Affairs pretty stuck up or is that just me? He sounded like he had no desire to help on the phone.. hope he just had a bad day..
Could anyone please help me out with ideas.. i am struggling a bit. Do you think there is a way to be able to find a roommate and a place if one was away from the US untill only a few weeks before classes start? I know school sets up the roommate finder thing, and list of places to live later on.. However i was having great hopes to leave the country to travel in mid March and not come back untill end of July. From Europe or Asia i will still be able to correstpond via email and hopefully phone too, but without personally being there, do you think it'd be hard to hook up with people.
I was also entertainig an idea of finding some current students who'd know by now whether they need a roommate next August. But how would i go about looking for them? (Does anyone here know any women looking for roommates next semester in walking dist. from campus, pref...? I am nice and clean and respectfull):love:
Would coming to campus some time in near future and looking for options be a waste of time?
Could anyone please share their experiences finding people? Do most incoming students move pretty quickly settling in.. or do most cut it close?
Also, how do things go with land lords? Do you have to phisically be there to rent a room out, or is phone conversation enough?

I appreciate your help.
Thank you

Lana

PS. any incoming women want to talk or meet, and try to look for a place yearly? I live in LA, from NY orig. Have lived with roommates for last 7years or so, love it, never had problems. wow.. sounds like an ad :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

me again...
you know, under right circumstances ... men could be ok too.
Thankyou

bump,
anyone? please!?!?!

Hey Lana,

Like you I?ll be starting PCOM this summer. I don?t have a solution to your problem just some suggestions. You could contact some of the apartment complexes that you might want to live at next year and tell them your situation. See what their policies are on signing a lease, maybe they could fax the lease to you and you could sign it. As far as picking a roommate you?ll probably have to wait until PCOM generates a list. Another possible solution is to get a studio apartment and live alone. What I would do is find out the most you can about the apartment complexes surrounding PCOM and their lease signing policy (Maybe if you found a roommate and knew where you wanted to live they could sign the lease and hold the apartment and then when you got their in July you could add yourself to the lease). I would also find out exactly how you could get a list of possible roommates for 2004 from PCOM while your in Europe or Asia. One last suggestion is to talk to student affairs to see if any current 1st year students know they will need a roommate next year. Good Luck. Let me know if I can help you out in any way, I currently live only about 20 mins. away form PCOM.
Matt