PCOM Interview Acceptance Rate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koennen

Lend Me An Ear
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm applying strictly DO and PCOM is my top school. I'm am so hoping to get an interview invite!

In searching some old posts re PCOM, I came across one that indicated that the accepted after interview rate for in-state applicants was like 77% (309 interviewed/237 accepted). Is that right??? I hope it is since I'm in-state and my stats are competitive with their averages.

Members don't see this ad.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm applying strictly DO and PCOM is my top school. I'm am so hoping to get an interview invite!

In searching some old posts re PCOM, I came across one that indicated that the accepted after interview rate for in-state applicants was like 77% (309 interviewed/237 accepted). Is that right??? I hope it is since I'm in-state and my stats are competitive with their averages.

this should help...and make sure to thank orthodoc for sharing his us news with us! :)
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=316614

Reactions: 1 user
I don't remember the exact numbers, but I think they do accept at least 50 % of the people they interview.

PCOM is my top choice also. Any suggestions on how to "encourage" an interview? I have been complete for many weeks now and nothing.....I am about to name my ulcer that has slowly returned during this waiting game.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, that's the post I found. It just seemed like it was an awfully high acceptance rate for in-state students.

Not that I'm complaining mind you, since I'm in-state and very competitive with their averages.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but I think they do accept at least 50 % of the people they interview.

PCOM is my top choice also. Any suggestions on how to "encourage" an interview? I have been complete for many weeks now and nothing.....I am about to name my ulcer that has slowly returned during this waiting game.

How long have you been complete? From reading a bunch of old posts, it seems like, on average, it took people about a month to get an interview invite - which comes via email. I've been complete about 3 weeks now so I'm gonna give it another week before I contact them.

yeah, i think that about 3 weeks is where I am at also. I guess waiting a few more days or a week can't hurt. :) I already interviewed down at the GA campus but I know they move faster due to less applications.

argh!

I would give them a call. I was complete for about 3 weeks and finally called. Somehow my LORs got separated from my app so they had me listed as incomplete. They put it all together and told me that my file would be reviewed shortly...I received an interview invite that week...

yes, I called them about a week and a half ago and was told I was complete. I don't want to harass them, but would like to know if they are considering me for an interview.
Do you think it is too early to send a short letter of interest?

Instate apps do have a higher acceptane rate. Much of it has to do with locality...Pittsburgh vs Philly. Also certain undergrads are more highly represented here as well.

Question: have any of you guys here gotten an interview at PCOM without a letter from a D.O. (i.e. the employer option)??

I was accepted without a D.O. letter... so I wouldn't worry too much.

I wanted to bump this and see if the 77% number is still accurate regarding PCOM acceptance rate following an Interview. Anyone know?

When I interviewed at PCOM, the students who gave a tour of the school said that more people are accepted after the interview than not.

yes, I called them about a week and a half ago and was told I was complete. I don't want to harass them, but would like to know if they are considering me for an interview.
Do you think it is too early to send a short letter of interest?
The office staff can not tell you that as they have no way of knowing. If you are complete then you are in the hands of the committee for review. It is a waiting game and patience is the name of that game.