PCOM Interview Discussion thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For discussion of the school noted above for INTERVIEW DATES ONLY!. Threads will be merged in here if they are created on their own. If you are looking for the general discussion thread, please check here to find the appropriate thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone!

The Interview Feedback for PCOM-Philly hasn't been updated much so does anyone have any tips/stories they would like to share for those interviewing this year?

Thanks!

There is a seperate PCOM thread already, perhaps you should look to there first.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a seperate PCOM thread already, perhaps you should look to there first.

I know but there is a whole lot on there. The thread is for everything that has to do with PCOM and while it is very useful, I figured I would get one going just for interview advice. If nothing happens oh well but I thought I would try!

Hey DO Sigma Nu guy!

You have any interview tips being a second year PCOM student?:D

Be yourself and relax. The interview is very laid back and honestly...easy. If you have any 'boo boos' on your record, be honest as to why you did bad. Don't try to BS. Ask lots of questions to the 1st and 2nd years that drop in to talk to ya...and if you can get a LOR from a current student.....DO IT! :)

GOODLUCK!

hi guys
i decided to add PCOM to my list
my application is all processed and stuff, i just want to add PCOM to increase my chances
is it too late now?

quick question about PCOM secondary app:
it says you need two recommendation letter? one from pre-med committee and another one from a physician(D.O.). Is the second one absolutely required or just optional? :confused:

it says you need two recommendation letter? one from pre-med committee and another one from a physician(D.O.). Is the second one absolutely required or just optional? :confused:

Unless this had changed in the last year...I did not have a DO letter (just MD) and was accepted. Never asked about it at all.

The phsyician letter is suggested but not required.