PCOM Interview--Parents?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pej722

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone bring their parents for the breakfast and tour at PCOM or should I just go alone?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone bring their parents for the breakfast and tour at PCOM or should I just go alone?

I've seen people bring their parents for the tour, but not for the breakfast.

go alone. the fishbowl only really has chairs for the interviewees. I have never seen parents there. Phills nice have them explore for a ocuple of hours

Members don't see this ad :)
IN my interview group, someone had their father along with them. He sat out in the lobby of the building whenever the applicant was in the fishbowl.

He came along for the tour, but did not talk, just stayed in the background.

Some folks think it is inappropriate, since we are at a professional interview, but I looked at it as one of the most important decisions you could be making, and having someone you trust along couldn't hurt, like a second opinion.:)

So yes, it is possible, but I would definetly make sure the parent knows they are not the ones asking questions, etc. You don't want it to come across as you can't make your own decisons.

Hope that helps,
Marcia

Go alone. This is big kid school. You can do it. :)