PCOM letdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notnarcsDO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an email from PCOM admissions, with subject heading "Medical School Admissions!". I obviously was thilled. The beginning of the message said:

"Greetings from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine"

We are pleased to announce that we have received your August 2005 MCAT scores. CONGRATULATIONS............

(now at this point one would assume that it is an interview offer)

..........for deciding on persuing a career in medicine. The email continues to be an advertisement on why I should apply to PCOM.

Just thought I would warn any others who would judge it and begin the celebration only to find out a few seconds later after close reading that you are not being offered an interview.
It is kind of funny, but I thought it would be fun just to pass on the warning to others before they become euphoric and then get dumped on.

Members don't see this ad.

I also received this e-mail and immediately called the school telling them that I had already sent in my supplementary application. She advised me to e-mail admissions to let them know about the e-mail and that I already sent my application in.

Got the same email, even though I have already applied too. Do you think it's neccessary to call and tell them? It looks like they're just emailing people off the MCAT list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks EMT...I think I will give them a call tomorrow just in case. I do know that my file has been complete at PCOM for two weeks now though. I guess it is always best to check.

Cruel. Very cruel. :thumbdown:

I received the email and I was accepted in October. It seems like everyone is getting this email.

Good luck to those still waiting to get the "real" interview email!

newbie04 said:
I received the email and I was accepted in October. It seems like everyone is getting this email.

Good luck to those still waiting to get the "real" interview email!

Just to prevent this letdown from happening again...by any chance do you recall the subject heading or anything? This is the second time it has happened, and I'm hoping that the next time that I get excited about it, it is legitimate!

Just to prevent this letdown from happening again...by any chance do you recall the subject heading or anything? This is the second time it has happened, and I'm hoping that the next time that I get excited about it, it is legitimate!

Subject: PCOM Admissions Interview

Good luck!

I got this email as well. I almost deleted it because I thought it was spam. Special.

No need for anyone to call PCOM about this...I called and they were rude and cut me off before I even finished explaining. It is no big deal, it was just a forward to all of the August MCATers. Will not affect application status.