pcom,nycom,ccom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackets5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi i was here about a week ago asking about DO schools. would anyone be willing to give me some info about these three schools. you know reputation, accepted stats, people who end up specializing, people who do MD residency. My primary goal is to be a doctor one way or the other. I know that i want to go into orthopedics. I would have no problem going DO as long as id have the option of doing an MD residency. any responses will be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard its pretty hard to get into NYCOM if you're out of state. As far as doing an MD residency after DO school, It is definatley possible. Just know that you have to work your butt off.

You should try a search. Topics such as this have been discussed ad nauseum here.

And as for working your butt off, I would hope you would to that anyway as the point of medical school is to become a competent physician, not to land an allopathic residency spot.