PCOM or NSU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tara14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am kinda stuck between two schools right now - Nova and PCOM. I am a resident of Florida so I can get the in-state tuition which is about $12,000 less than PCOM. I really liked both schools but I'm having a lot of trouble deciding. I'm already in debt up to my eyeballs from undergrad and grad school so it does worry me to take out the extra loans for PCOM. Would anyone from Nova or PCOM like to give me the benefits/drawbacks of your school?

Members don't see this ad.

I was in a similar spot a few years ago. One of my best friends and I were both accepted at NOVA and PCOM; she's now a third year at Nova, and I'm at PCOM. We both love where we're at, so I'd think you can't go wrong. From a Philly perspective, we are situated in a strong medical community, and we have a good reputation. PCOM has a great reputation around here, so there's very little DO/MD rivalry. PCOM also gives you the opportunity to rotate at a variety of hospitals all over the northeast, which is great if you want to experience the way different hospitals are run and maybe get your foot in the door for a residency. As I understand it, NOVA puts you in one hospital system to do all of your core rotations. That might be a benefit if you don't want to have to get used to new systems all the time.

But, if I were you, I'd err on the side of saving money...

Thanks for the advice drandie. Does PCOM offer any type of financial scholarships or fellowships? I know NSU has OMM fellowships that will pay for your last 2 years. Just curious.