PCOM or ROWANSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

corinneselene

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Just received acceptance from PCOM this afternoon. I am a NJ resident so ROWANSOM is good for the tuition but PCOM just feels like the right choice.

Any pros/cons for either?

Dreamstoo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with either. ROWANSON is cheaper I think (I am not sure). I would chose that personally cause I have ton of family in New Jersey in which I could just live with them for 4 years and pay rent for their guest bedroom if necessary, etc. I also live closer to ROWANSON than PCOM despite going to undergrad in proximity with PCOM

VisualEvolution

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with either. ROWANSON is cheaper I think (I am not sure). I would chose that personally cause I have ton of family in New Jersey in which I could just live with them for 4 years and pay rent for their guest bedroom if necessary, etc. I also live closer to ROWANSON than PCOM despite going to undergrad in proximity with PCOM
How is your family/undergrad's proximity a pro or con for OP? Address his/her question next time.

Reactions: 1 user

YourMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just received acceptance from PCOM this afternoon. I am a NJ resident so ROWANSOM is good for the tuition but PCOM just feels like the right choice.

WoooHoo congratulations! I wish i were in your shoes. Good luck!

BestDoctorEver

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Cheaper tuition(ROWAN) since both schools are on par and will give you a quality education. However, I heard PCOM has their own residency affiliation. That might be a good thing if you are interested in something ultra competitive like ortho.

cliquesh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
They're both fine. Id go with rowen because it's cheaper.

as1212559

Reaction score
Idk what the poster two above means by that. I'm sure Rowan has a very well developed and well backed OPTI as a public school. If it were me, I'd be taking my IS public school. No contest. No PCOM hate though, that's a very good school too.