PCOM or TouroCOM-NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PCOM vs TouroCOM-NY

• Total voters

Mikestandley

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright guys. I love both of these schools and cannot decide. Which one would you choose and why? Help me out here! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I interviewed at touro NY 4 years ago, place was a dump. Step 1 pass rate was around 80%, school was in a nasty part of town, malignant interview. The only reason people come here is b/c they get to live in NYC. PCOM is arguably the best DO school in the country, this decision is a no brainer...

They are both great schools. But pcom is often considered to be the best DO school

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
PCOM is one of the strongest and well establishes schools out there. 4 years ago Touro was not at all a dump (but for people who dont like city living, they tend to have a very visceral reaction. Its akin to vomiting up something youre allergic to but most people love. Its uncontrolled rejection. Ive seen it.) and nowadays it is even nicer. I'd say Touro is pretty much at the top of the mid-level DO schools (or the bottom of the upper level) but PCOM is one of the best. Period.

So while its not like your comparing a bad school to a great one, there is a difference even though it isnt a large chasm. I'd go with PCOM (and this from a Touro grad) unless you really felt happier/more comfortable/more enthusiastic about TouroCOM. The simple fact is that as long as they both give you enough resources (and you'll be hard pressed to find any school, PCOM included, giving you as thorough of an education in year 1 and 2) so its going to come down to where you can do best at. PCOM will have the better connections for finding a residency as it has a longer history of doing it and a massive alumni roster, and that matters a lot. But you will only get as far as your own performance dictates. You wont "suffer" in any way from choosing Touro if it appeals to you more, and you'll probably find more success if you feel that way and choose Touro.

but if they are more or less the same to you, and you'll be more or less as comfortable at both places? I'd pick PCOM then.

PCOM just seems a lot more established to me. I personally don't see any reason to pick Touro over it, unless you couldn't imagine living anywhere other than NYC.

PCOM is one of the best but I think all of the top 5 are equally good, my school included (not PCOM or Touro). If it was me I'd take PCOM over Touro