PCOM or UMDNJ-SOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for everyone's comments--they're all very helpful. I'll be crunching on this decision over Thanksgiving, for sure...

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Hibby,

the acceptance deposit for SOM is due by Dec. 1, so keep that in mind as well!

And PCOM_08, thank you so much for sharing your reasons for attending PCOM. i agree with everything you said about PCOM, but in the end, i guess it's where you feel most comfortable, and i am glad you are really happy with your choice.

Like I said you can't go wrong with this decision since both schools are excellent. However, I disagree with money not being an issue because you will get a great education at either school but the difference in cost is huge. Of course make sure you will be happy at either school before you choose and I don't know anyone at UMDNJ who is unhappy but in the end money is very important since 15k x 4 years is 60 thousand dollars (plus interest etc. etc.).

JonnyG said:
The rotating internship is to fulfill PA's pesky requirement. As far as I saw every rotating intership was for a PA hospital. Most people do go on to specialize after.
Hi-Im a current applicant to PA DO schools. Can you please expan on the requirement you are referring to our forward me to somewhere I can find the information?
Thanks,
Elon