PCOM-Phila MS in Biomed Sciences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dancerdoc89

Knowledge is Power
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much will completing PCOM's MS in Biomedical Sciences help me as an MD applicant?

I applied to med school this cycle but had no luck at all. My plan is to complete one year of this MS program (where I would earn a certificate, not a Master's yet) while applying to MD schools for this cycle. If I don't get in again, I'll earn the MS by completing the second year of PCOM's program. Then apply to med school again.

In that case, do you think that I would be better off completing a 1-year MS program (or SMP for that matter) if I'm hell-bent on applying again this coming cycle in June?

Thank you for your input :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

bump, anybody?!

unless this is a reflection of this program bringing success to MD applicants...:confused:

Got my acceptance letter today. :) anybody else?

This is strictly heresay. My friend who just completed her second year said that alot of people that did well in the Biomed course were granted interviews and subsequently accepted into the D.O. program. There were also a few students that went on to MD schools, chiro.,etc. However, most people that complete the program tend to matriculate into the D.O. program.