-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PCOM (Philadelphia) Discussion Thread 2010-2011
Started by twocentnews
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My MCAT date is wrong too. Did you change yours? Mine shows my old date but I never sent that to AACOMAS so I have no idea where it came from.
Yes, I got that paragraph. And our LOR's were entered the same date (even though they had to have received mine earlier than that) and our MCATs were entered the same date... although my actual test date was different lol. I presume I'm complete based on that paragraph -- I am assuming those whose LOR's weren't entered yet don't have that paragraph... ??
I have not yet sent my LORS and I have this paragraph, so I am definitely not complete there yet I had this paragraph. Just wanted to let you guys know so that you didn't just assume you were complete.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i think we should just wait before we call them. they just got things up so they're probably still scanning letters and things.
Does your grid look like this?
Requirements
Requirement Received Note Status
Application Fee Aug 03, 2010
College Ltr of Recommendation Aug 10, 2010
MCAT Scores Jul 22, 2010 TEST DATE: 5/1/2009
Supplemental Application Aug 03, 2010
Additional Information Received
Document Received Note Status
College Transcript Aug 18, 2010 Cali State Univ -Sacrament
Letter of Recommendation 1 Aug 10, 2010
We shouldn't see "status" as they said it is internal. Also, did everyone receive this paragraph within the email?
"All of your required credentials are on file. Once your application has been reviewed and the Committee determines that you are qualified, you may be invited to PCOM for a personal interview. Interview invitations are extended via email, so it is important that you check your email account on a regular basis. We will use the address provided on your AACOMAS application. "
Because by my interpretation, translation to French then Spanish and back into English reveals that all my required credentials are on file..
hey mikey
quick q. did u send them an additional transcript from Cali State Univ? i dont have any transcripts showing up on my portal, since i just sent everything to AACOMAS. Just wondering if I should be expecting to see transcripts from all my schools. thanks
hey mikey
quick q. did u send them an additional transcript from Cali State Univ? i dont have any transcripts showing up on my portal, since i just sent everything to AACOMAS. Just wondering if I should be expecting to see transcripts from all my schools. thanks
No, it was just through AACOMAS. I didn't do anything special except leave out the secondary "brief statement" which I later emailed in. So just the standard apply through AACOMAS, send in secondary and Interfolio letters of rec.
I don't think so. Mine is listed as the first as well, and I took it later that month. I think its because our AACOMAS application doesn't list the actual date, just the month and the year.I got that same email, but there aren't any MCAT scores listed. Also, it says my test date was 7/1/2010, but really it was 7/8/2010, is that a problem I should fix by calling them or something?
Also -- thanks for letting us know futuredoc 🙂
I don't think so. Mine is listed as the first as well, and I took it later that month. I think its because our AACOMAS application doesn't list the actual date, just the month and the year.
Also -- thanks for letting us know futuredoc 🙂
My dates are off as well. AACOMAS does send our correct test dates to schools. You can view the PDF each receive at your application main page.
hey mikey
quick q. did u send them an additional transcript from Cali State Univ? i dont have any transcripts showing up on my portal, since i just sent everything to AACOMAS. Just wondering if I should be expecting to see transcripts from all my schools. thanks
I have a transcript showing from my undergrad institution, and i didn't send anything extra to them.
So I know a handful of us (probably all nontrads) had to use a Dean's or Adviser's letter that basically just said we went to the school and nothing else. Are any of you planning to write anything to PCOM or GA-PCOM to let them know WHY they got a letter like this instead of a committee letter or well-written and descriptive adviser letter about you? Or do you think they'll see that we're non-trad and put 2 and 2 together? I just don't want to be docked for a crappy letter even though I sent 4 other good ones.
So I know a handful of us (probably all nontrads) had to use a Dean's or Adviser's letter that basically just said we went to the school and nothing else. Are any of you planning to write anything to PCOM or GA-PCOM to let them know WHY they got a letter like this instead of a committee letter or well-written and descriptive adviser letter about you? Or do you think they'll see that we're non-trad and put 2 and 2 together? I just don't want to be docked for a crappy letter even though I sent 4 other good ones.
I'm not non-trad and I still used the dean's certification simply because my school doesn't have a pre-med committee or any pre-med advisers..Don't stress over it and I'm pretty sure they are aware of our situations.
Yeah I'm just worried since my undergrad institution (same one I'm doing my post-bacc at) has a committee, but I didn't use them since I'm non-trad. Don't know if that should be explained to them, especially since GA-PCOM will definitely know my school has a committee.
Anyone willing to read my secondary essay? It's less than a page. This is my first DO secondary and I'm a little unsure of the content and format. It'd be nice to have feedback just to get an idea if I'm on the right track. Thanks.
Anyone willing to read my secondary essay? It's less than a page. This is my first DO secondary and I'm a little unsure of the content and format. It'd be nice to have feedback just to get an idea if I'm on the right track. Thanks.
I can take a look, hopefully this afternoon (while at work, shhhh). PM it to me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd be happy to as well
does anyone know what the average MCAT is for PCOM? im wondering if i have a chance with a 23N , sGPA 3.5, cGPA 3.6 , 6 LORS (no DO though), and lots of ECS
I dont mind looking at it either if you want additional help! 🙂
does anyone know what the average MCAT is for PCOM? im wondering if i have a chance with a 23N , sGPA 3.5, cGPA 3.6 , 6 LORS (no DO though), and lots of ECS
I heard from some people that PCOM does not emphasize too heavy on the numbers, it's rather looking for candidates with well-rounded applications.
Now that I am finally done with all mine and have some free time, I would be happy to read your essay as well. Just pm it to me if you want.
D
deleted248403
Did anyones LORS show up yet?
I know a bunch of us were going to give them like a week to get them up before calling. I'm thinking about calling today to figure it out
I know a bunch of us were going to give them like a week to get them up before calling. I'm thinking about calling today to figure it out
Did anyones LORS show up yet?
I know a bunch of us were going to give them like a week to get them up before calling. I'm thinking about calling today to figure it out
Nothing for me yet, but if you find something out, let us know!
Nothing for me yet, but if you find something out, let us know!
+1
I'm going to give them some more time though. I look at 10 days as 10 business days or 14 physical days.
does anyone know what the average MCAT is for PCOM? im wondering if i have a chance with a 23N , sGPA 3.5, cGPA 3.6 , 6 LORS (no DO though), and lots of ECS
you need to get a DO letter...
Looks like last year the first invite came on 8/27. The year before that 9/9
Did anyones LORS show up yet?
I know a bunch of us were going to give them like a week to get them up before calling. I'm thinking about calling today to figure it out
I called today and they had mixed up my letters. I sent my letters via Interfolio so they received my deans letter as well as my DO letter (I also send additional letters too) all together and when they scanned them they placed them as extra letters as opposed to the required college letters. The admissions lady was very nice and on the portal it is already updated. You may want to call if you letters are missing or they only have one letter listed because most likely they have both.
it'd be nice if we heard today.Looks like last year the first invite came on 8/27. The year before that 9/9
i called for some stuff and they said they will start giving out interviews early to mid september and interviews will begin mid to late september!! so soon enough
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called today and they had mixed up my letters. I sent my letters via Interfolio so they received my deans letter as well as my DO letter (I also send additional letters too) all together and when they scanned them they placed them as extra letters as opposed to the required college letters. The admissions lady was very nice and on the portal it is already updated. You may want to call if you letters are missing or they only have one letter listed because most likely they have both.
What is the link for the portal? Thanks! 🙂
"What health care related experiences do you have?"
This question is on the secondary form and I'm wondering what people are doing with this question?😕
This question is on the secondary form and I'm wondering what people are doing with this question?😕
What is the link for the portal? Thanks! 🙂
After they've received everything from you, they will send you a "complete" email with the link to the portal
"What health care related experiences do you have?"
This question is on the secondary form and I'm wondering what people are doing with this question?😕
I just added a page with excerpts of my CV, listing each experience with start / end dates, contact person and a short description. Hope this helps!
After they've received everything from you, they will send you a "complete" email with the link to the portal
Thanks so much! 🙂
Hurry up PCOM! It's almost September, I'm waitin' on ya!
did they start giving out interviews yet?
Does anyone still have only one letter of rec showing up under the portal? I do...
D
deleted248403
So i called admissions about the missing LORs issue.
They said they cant upload the LORs until the supplemental app has been received and uploaded.
I mailed my supp on 8/13, was acknowledged on 8/18; LORs should have arrived around 7/20.
They have everything and I am complete - just not displayed on the portal.
Hope that helps someone
They said they cant upload the LORs until the supplemental app has been received and uploaded.
I mailed my supp on 8/13, was acknowledged on 8/18; LORs should have arrived around 7/20.
They have everything and I am complete - just not displayed on the portal.
Hope that helps someone
Does anyone still have only one letter of rec showing up under the portal? I do...
Yes only for PCOM-GA, PCOM-PA has both letters. Not sure why, will try to call today if I get a chance will post what they say.
Where did you guys get a login/password for the portal? Is it the Nucleus portal? It looks restricted to current PCOM students.
If I'm looking at the wrong place, would someone mind directing me to the right area. Both my PCOM and PCOM-GA emails awhile back did not mention the portal. Thanks!
If I'm looking at the wrong place, would someone mind directing me to the right area. Both my PCOM and PCOM-GA emails awhile back did not mention the portal. Thanks!
Where did you guys get a login/password for the portal? Is it the Nucleus portal? It looks restricted to current PCOM students.
If I'm looking at the wrong place, would someone mind directing me to the right area. Both my PCOM and PCOM-GA emails awhile back did not mention the portal. Thanks!
You get the link and password in an email telling you they received your secondary
So i called admissions about the missing LORs issue.
They said they cant upload the LORs until the supplemental app has been received and uploaded.
I mailed my supp on 8/13, was acknowledged on 8/18; LORs should have arrived around 7/20.
They have everything and I am complete - just not displayed on the portal.
Hope that helps someone
Yea my timeline is about the same as yours, so I guess I'm okay. Thanks for sharing the info!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did it take to receive this email after they got your secondary? PCOM cashed my check over ten days ago and I have yet to get this email.You get the link and password in an email telling you they received your secondary
dear pcom,
i'm ready for you to whisper sweet nothings into my ears and tell me how much you're ready to invite me up for an interview. any day now, i'll be waiting.
love,
cliff huxtable
i'm ready for you to whisper sweet nothings into my ears and tell me how much you're ready to invite me up for an interview. any day now, i'll be waiting.
love,
cliff huxtable
How long did it take to receive this email after they got your secondary? PCOM cashed my check over ten days ago and I have yet to get this email.
They sent me the confirm email first and two days later they cashed my check.
How long did it take to receive this email after they got your secondary? PCOM cashed my check over ten days ago and I have yet to get this email.
Maybe you should call them to make sure they've got your stuff in order? They are set to begin reviewing soon, you don't want to miss that first group due to a clerical error.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 437
- Views
- 132K
- Replies
- 652
- Views
- 174K
- Replies
- 130
- Views
- 36K
- Replies
- 181
- Views
- 27K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K